Woohoo! Just got FTTF for our cruise!

kctwinmommy

I've been checking almost every day, but it never opened, so I had stopped checking so much. I had just resigned myself to not getting it. Thought I'd check tonight and Bam! It was available! I know not everyone feels that it's all that much of a difference, but it'll be nice to have our room ready and the short times at guest services if needed. :D

We just got back from the Carnival Legend Alaskan cruise. Don't get your expectations up too high. The FTTF along with platinum and diamond cardholders took it in the shorts this cruise. We arrived in Juneau 2 hours late. It was chaotic. We were told that we would be the first ones off the ship but that was a lie. We waited in a lounge for 2 hours. We were cleared by customs 1.75 hours after docking. We hear Groups 1 and 2 being called to disembark. We all said WHAT? These were the excursion people but the CD denied that they disembarked. We sat looking out the window watching the tenders going back and forth. I asked the security on shore who disembarked first and he said the shore excursion people. Why does Carnival have to lie like that? We had several FTTF people and platinum people who had excursions too but were not allowed in the "Carnival" groups 1 and 2. It's obvious that they paid and Carnival got a piece of the action, and those who self reserved an excursion were punished. So, FTTF paid but were punished along with us.:mad:

We just got back from the Carnival Legend Alaskan cruise. Don't get your expectations up too high. The FTTF along with platinum and diamond cardholders took it in the shorts this cruise. We arrived in Juneau 2 hours late. It was chaotic. We were told that we would be the first ones off the ship but that was a lie. We waited in a lounge for 2 hours. We were cleared by customs 1.75 hours after docking. We hear Groups 1 and 2 being called to disembark. We all said WHAT? These were the excursion people but the CD denied that they disembarked. We sat looking out the window watching the tenders going back and forth. I asked the security on shore who disembarked first and he said the shore excursion people. Why does Carnival have to lie like that? We had several FTTF people and platinum people who had excursions too but were not allowed in the "Carnival" groups 1 and 2. It's obvious that they paid and Carnival got a piece of the action, and those who self reserved an excursion were punished. So, FTTF paid but were punished along with us.:mad:

I'm not quite sure what happened, your explanation is a little confusing to me. We booked all our excursions through Carnival anyway. And I'm not sure why you went through customs in Juneau, when you hadn't been to a foreign port by then, correct?

The biggest reason we wanted to get it is so we can get on the ship a little earlier.

Again, like many others have said, it's like buying insurance. It's nice to have it, if you need it and use it. :)

I have it for our Dec one which is showing sold out now but haven't bought it for our Oct one yet, will probably get it this week. For me I don't expect to get on faster with it unless there's some unforeseen delay since I have an early check in time anyways but I want my room ready so I can lock my carry on with me meds in there. I don't want to have to keep up with it. The other carry ons are no big deal but that one will have all the other important stuff too like passports etc and I just don't want the hassle of worrying about it.

I've decided the guarantee I can ditch it as soon as I get on board and go 100% vacation mode is worth the price for me. In Oct we will be Lido deck in a balcony so with having the room ready we can hit the buffet to grab lunch and then sit on the balcony to eat and relax while everyone else boards. Sounds like it's worth the FTTF price to me :)

Got one for my 5 day one (in March) out of south Carolina and it was amazing!

Got it for the sunshine in July (do NOT want to stand in New York heat!! lol)

Debating on getting it for the Pride in September...

How many do they sell for each cruise?

Edited by Coll101

I've been checking every evening. It finally showed up tonight..as sold out. DRAT! I'll keep stalking it for an opening though. My cruise isn't until January ..can't believe how fast that sold out!

I'm not quite sure what happened, your explanation is a little confusing to me. We booked all our excursions through Carnival anyway. And I'm not sure why you went through customs in Juneau, when you hadn't been to a foreign port by then, correct?

The biggest reason we wanted to get it is so we can get on the ship a little earlier.

Again, like many others have said, it's like buying insurance. It's nice to have it, if you need it and use it. :)

We didn't per say go through customs (but it was the term used by the CD) , we were cleared to unload the ship. Many experienced cruisers do not book their excursions through Carnival for obvious reasons, Carnival gets a piece of the action, while saavy cruisers book their own excursions bypassing big bucks paid to Carnival.

If the $$ you paid to get on the ship earlier is your cup of tea, go for it, but the future beenies are questionable. Clearly FTTF, platinum, and diamond rated last. Don't get your expectations up too high, that's all I'm saying. FTTF people have paid forward, platinum and diamond expect what Carnival has offered us. Educate yourself.

Thanks for tips, I just booked it for our 11/5/2017 cruise. We are new to Carnival bit it sounds like it's worth it.

I thought I read it was only offered after platinum and suite guests are booked so they know how many to put out there? Seems kind of early for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our main and biggest reason for buying FTTF is because of the Guest Services line. Standing on that line when an unexpected issue comes up is horrible, no matter what time of day or night you go. The second reason is being able to access our room early to drop off our carry ons. There are 4 of us, each has a bag and 1 of them is filled with medicine including insulin which needs to be refrigerated. 4 bags take up a lot of room in the common areas waiting for your room to be ready.

Edited by disneylover89

We didn't per say go through customs (but it was the term used by the CD) , we were cleared to unload the ship. Many experienced cruisers do not book their excursions through Carnival for obvious reasons, Carnival gets a piece of the action, while saavy cruisers book their own excursions bypassing big bucks paid to Carnival.

If the $$ you paid to get on the ship earlier is your cup of tea, go for it, but the future beenies are questionable. Clearly FTTF, platinum, and diamond rated last. Don't get your expectations up too high, that's all I'm saying. FTTF people have paid forward, platinum and diamond expect what Carnival has offered us. Educate yourself.

OK... I guess it's each person's opinion and experience. I don't "expect" things to begin with. It's a vacation, things happen. Trust me, in our life we've dealt with serious loss and disappointment. So the little things aren't the worst in our life. As I said before, it's a nice little extra insurance though, if needed and it works. Just like anything else, nothing is perfect. ;)

Our main and biggest reason for buying FTTF is because of the Guest Services line. Standing on that line when an unexpected issue comes up is horrible, no matter what time of day or night you go. The second reason is being able to access our room early to drop off our carry ons.

I agree! I never think we'll need G.S., and yet every time there's been a reason to stop by. When we're with our friends, who are Platinum I believe, they're lucky, since they can get that G.S. quick access. She always waits in line with me though. ;) So since there's always a chance of needing it, it's good to have it.

And like you, having the room ready is also the nice perk. We always stay in our port city the night before, so we're always early to the ship. It'd be nice to not have to wait in the extra long lines (especially in the heat of FL), and hopefully get on a little quicker.

As I keep saying, from someone else's description, it's an insurance policy basically. Just like you're own home/car insurance. You may pay or it your whole life and never need/use it! Think of the thousands of dollars you spend on that!!?? This $60 is nothing!

Edited by kctwinmommy

I too have been checking several times a day. Yesterday I go on and boom its finally there for my Magic March 18, 2017 sailing. So excited to purchase and not have to wait in line. No other excursions were listed, but today two were listed for Cozumel.

Seeing this thread reminded me to check mine for next year (September 2017) and it was finally available! I know it's a long way out there, but now I've gotten it and one less thing to worry about in the future planning!