Woohoo! Just got FTTF for our cruise!

kctwinmommy

I've been checking almost every day, but it never opened, so I had stopped checking so much. I had just resigned myself to not getting it. Thought I'd check tonight and Bam! It was available! I know not everyone feels that it's all that much of a difference, but it'll be nice to have our room ready and the short times at guest services if needed. :D

This post reminded me to check again. Same as you it's always not been available. Just got it this morning :). I really wanted it as I didn't want to lug around our carry ons. :)

LOL! I know what you mean. And when I looked it said limited availability, and I almost clicked off the page thinking it was saying sold out, because I was so used to seeing it!! :p

How many days out did it pop?

I'm not OP but mine opened up 80 days from sailing after not being available for several weeks after I booked. I got mine at 3 in the morning and I suspect it was lucky I was up at that weirdo hour because I checked again later that day and they were gone again.

Thanks, we booked a cruise about 70 days out and I'm out 68 days now and it's currently sold out. I remember last time on the breeze, about 15 slots became available 2-3 weeks out so I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

How many days out did it pop?

We're like 50-something days out. I was checking around the time when deposits were due since many people said that's a good time. I'm guessing it's because people change their mind and don't pay their deposit. But nothing opened up at that time. Last night it did, just random, in the evening.

Edited by kctwinmommy

Yay glad you got it.

It's available for our cruise in Oct but I haven't decided if I want to buy it or not. We usually book a suite so use to priority boarding. We've had OV before though and didn't notice a huge difference in boarding times but this will be our first time with this staggered boarding and not sure what kind of difference that will make in the wait times.

Right now we have the 10-10:30 slot so we should be some of the first on board after all the platinum etc. Not sure it would be worth paying for FTTF. Don't think we will be in a hurry to disembark this time and can't forsee needing to use GS much since I typically don't.

May skip it this time and depending on how smooth it goes without it, that will determine if we use it for our Dec cruise.

Yay glad you got it.

It's available for our cruise in Oct but I haven't decided if I want to buy it or not. We usually book a suite so use to priority boarding. We've had OV before though and didn't notice a huge difference in boarding times but this will be our first time with this staggered boarding and not sure what kind of difference that will make in the wait times.

Right now we have the 10-10:30 slot so we should be some of the first on board after all the platinum etc. Not sure it would be worth paying for FTTF. Don't think we will be in a hurry to disembark this time and can't forsee needing to use GS much since I typically don't.

May skip it this time and depending on how smooth it goes without it, that will determine if we use it for our Dec cruise.

You should get it and then cancel later if you change your mind. Since you are planning to be there early, it might be worth it to have your cabin ready. No one really plans on going to GS, but if you need to it's invaluable.

Edited by firemanbobswife

what is FTTF?

It's faster to the fun. You are paying to get some extra benefits such as priority boarding, your cabin ready when you board, priority tender (if you have a tender port), and a shorter line at customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You should get it and then cancel later if you change your mind. Since you are planning to be there early, it might be worth it to have your cabin ready. No one really plans on going to GS, but if you need to it's invaluable.

I might do that, shows they have 11 tickets available so maybe I have some time to think about it, they've been there since I booked during the deposit sale so not selling out quick or anything. Not a big deal if I don't get one so I can ponder a bit lol

It shows 11am on the ticket time, does that mean they are planning to start boarding the ship at 11? Or do different tickets have different times?

That's generic. If you have staggered check in you still have to select a time, but you can show up at your leisure.

Boarding is different and will be whenever they get all the guests off from the previous cruise. Usually at about 11-11:30AM. It varies.

It's faster to the fun. You are paying to get some extra benefits such as priority boarding, your cabin ready when you board, priority tender (if you have a tender port), and a shorter line at customer service

Hmm. I figured it might be something along those lines.

Not impressed they do stuff like that. I'm firmly in the camp of everyone should be treated the same.