Not Bikini ready !!!

Crewboxer01

I am a first time cruiser, I am not a size 2 but a bigger lady with a love of the water and would love to sit and enjoy the sun like everyone else. However because of society people seem to think that if you are a larger person you should not be in a bathing suit, let alone be sunning. Is there all shapes and sizes on the cruises? Should I feel comfortable to relax and swim like everyone else. Please be honest. Also any tips for our cruise for the first s=time would be great. :)

Please go enjoy your vacation!

Yes there will be people of all shapes and sizes in all kinds of bathing suits sunbathing, swimming, and just enjoying a day in the sun. Everyone is there to enjoy their vacation and it will be no different for you.

Just go and be you and don't worry about everyone else.

I'm a "plus size" woman also and like you, I love to relax in the sun too. I always wear cover ups instead of bathing suits because for health reasons I can't wear anything too constricting. I have been on several cruises and trust me, I have seen all body types wearing one pieces and bikinis. I have never noticed any fat shaming. People are too busy enjoying the festivities and their drinks lol. I say wear whatever you are most comfortable in. My sister is on the large side and her motto is "I'll never see these people again so I'm wearing what I want!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Cruzncutie

You will find more heavy or plus sized or fluffy or whatever you want to call them than you will see thin people.

I am a big girl myself and I love the beach the pool the water. I invite my friends to the pool club and so many say oh I could never wear a swimsuit in public. WHAT!!!!!! No freaking way. We can not be summer friends. :-)

Here is my advice, invest in a swimsuit you feel comfortable in and go enjoy yourself. No one will fat shame you at all. Everyone is to obsessed with themselves to worry about anyone else.

IMO a tee shirt in the pool or beach stands out more than a fat roll.

No reason you should sit on the sidelines when you want to play girl you go and play.:D

What the others said. Just don't expect to be able to actually "swim" too much, most ship pools are not big enough for real swimming (lengths), but you can and should go in for a cool dip if you wish. Relax and enjoy your first cruise, may there be many more :)

I can guarantee that you will see a woman larger than you wearing a smaller suit than yours on the first day.

Don't worry about it at all.

Let's not limit this to women, although that's how the OP framed her question.

There will even be a guy in a tiny Speedo with a huge beer gut too.

Let's not limit this to women, although that's how the OP framed her question.

There will even be a guy in a tiny Speedo with a huge beer gut too.

And he will bend over all too often

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just google up your ship or any other ship and watch some YouTube videos. OMG I've never seen so many over weight people. You will be in the majority that's for sure.

Don't worry about it.

Ok girl, listen up. It's your cruise and you paid for it. Forget that there will be other people on the ship. It's your time to enjoy a well deserved time and SMILE yourself silly. Yes, do partake of the sun and everything else on the ship. ENJOY!!!!

I love that nobody really cares what you look like on a cruise - I've seen all sizes and kobody much noticed anybody special.

I'm a bigger size, and I bought swim shorts and a tanking from land's end - covers up my butt, and hides my gut and goes from beach to pool to buffet without any trouble.

You will never see anyone from the ship again, so don't sweat it. Their are people of all shapes, sizes and colors. Go enjoy yourself

Not true as we met a couple 6 years ago on a cruise and are friends to this day. Vacations with them yearly.

As to OP it's your vacation do what YOU are comfortable with.