Cheap Alcohol

LOL Well now I've seen it all.

I'm used to people commenting on how wrong it is to smuggle booze onboard because it raises the cruise price for everybody but now in this thread someone has even commented that buying a bottle from Bon Voyage is wrong because you are taking money from ...well I guess they didn't exactly say who it is taking money from but I think they mean it's taking money from the drink servers.

Geez!

seriously...free drinks/happy hours? only for the platinum/diamond party.

Actually a lot of other lines have "Happy Hour" with drink specials and even 2 for 1 specials. Only free alcohol I've seen on Carnival is when the Jewelry store has a reveal or the art auction...both have champagne (not great tasting), but if you're looking for free...there it is. Drink of the day is usually discounted by $0.25 - $1.00.

Actually a lot of other lines have "Happy Hour" with drink specials and even 2 for 1 specials. Only free alcohol I've seen on Carnival is when the Jewelry store has a reveal or the art auction...both have champagne (not great tasting), but if you're looking for free...there it is. Drink of the day is usually discounted by $0.25 - $1.00.

I dont remember if it was Carnival or RCCL, but I went to an art auction once, and they just kept saying to drink your body weight in free champagne

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, if you order online for delivery the first night instead of on embarkation you don't pay tax.

When I've ordered for embarkation I pay the sales tax of whatever state the ship is sailing from. Maybe because my state doesn't have sales tax.

Interesting, I never did that, did you need to pay the gratuity though?

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, if you order online for delivery the first night instead of on embarkation you don't pay tax.

When I've ordered for embarkation I pay the sales tax of whatever state the ship is sailing from. Maybe because my state doesn't have sales tax.

I was wondering this as I read - my state does not have sales tax either but we have a pretty heavy sin tax already added to liquor - and our liquor is state ran -

Makes no difference whether your state has sales tax or not. If your purchase is delivered while in port, you pay the local sales tax. There is no gratuity charged either way.

If you order a bottle via room service, you should tip the server a couple of bucks like you would for any room service order.

Makes no difference whether your state has sales tax or not. If your purchase is delivered while in port, you pay the local sales tax. There is no gratuity charged either way.

If you order a bottle via room service, you should tip the server a couple of bucks like you would for any room service order.

I know but someone else on this thread said you pay your own state tax. I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

I know but someone else on this thread said you pay your own state tax. I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Since they didn't add the sales tax in until I entered what state I was living in I figured they were charging me my state tax, but honestly I don't know which state got it. I just know that I paid it.:)