Laundry on Oasis of the Seas

with two kids it is hard to pack enough cloths for a 7 day cruise. I thought I read some place that you could do your own laundry on the ship (for a cost of course). Can anyone tell me if that is the case? if you can not has anyone used the laundry service on the boat and what is the cost for this service?

thanks,

Keith

with two kids it is hard to pack enough cloths for a 7 day cruise. I thought I read some place that you could do your own laundry on the ship (for a cost of course). Can anyone tell me if that is the case? if you can not has anyone used the laundry service on the boat and what is the cost for this service?

thanks,

Keith

There is no guest laundry on any Royal ship.

Royal usually offers a $30 wash & fold bag (all you can stuff in the bag) once per 7-day cruise. It is limited to items like underwear, t-shirts, shorts, socks, pajamas.

There is a laundry price list at the end of the doc linked by this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49955343#post49955343

Edited by clarea

As noted above RCCL doesn't have self-serve laundry like some of the other cruise lines.

We went on a 11 night RCCL cruise recently. We did hand washing using those jumbo zip lock bags. Some people bring liquid detergent in those hotel size bottles, dry detergent or buy the travel size detergent. Ask the cabin steward for some extra bath towels. After rinsing and squeezing out most of the water, roll the item up in a towel and step on it to get the remaining water out. Hang up in the bathroom (there is a line in the shower) or in the closet with an open door to dry. For a quicker dry, bring some metal hooks that can hang from the ceiling (someone on a roll call provided this idea - works great). Hang the item on a hanger and then on the hook attached to the ceiling. Super fast drying if you have a balcony and can open the door.

Shirts.jpg.c24f3edb68e9496d4765f82ee014b2fc.jpg

Edited by iluvcruzin

Not all cabins have a line in the shower.

Kids will be wearing swimsuits/sandals a lot. Cuts down on packing tremendously. Recommend dry-fit t-shirts that you can wash and air dry in your cabin. Also not wearing socks unless really needed cuts down on heavier fabric like cotton athletic socks.

The $30 bag works, but isn't always returned as quickly as you might like.

He's talking about kids so I'm assuming they would be a little messy. :)

and smelly! ;) :D

Not all cabins have a line in the shower.

Kids will be wearing swimsuits/sandals a lot. Cuts down on packing tremendously. Recommend dry-fit t-shirts that you can wash and air dry in your cabin. Also not wearing socks unless really needed cuts down on heavier fabric like cotton athletic socks.

The $30 bag works, but isn't always returned as quickly as you might like.

I get mine as quickly as I would like. :)