new debarkation process in Vancouver?

AZJerry

For our debarkation in Vancouver we, as US citizens going directly to US bound flights at the airport, were given a new option for debarking: Direct To Bus. We waited in the Vista Lounge first thing in the morning. No other passengers were allowed in there until after we left. We were walked down to buses parked on the dock. They took us directly to the US Departures terminal. The big advantage is that we did not have to go through Canadian customs and immigration.

While I haven't seen or heard of this before, is it really a new option?

They have done similar programs in the past. Every year they do it, it is changed a little or has a new name. At one point it was called US Direct. Some years they didn't do it.

It is amazing and quick. Glad it is back in Vancouver's airport as it helps quite a bit!

• 9 months later...
in conjunction with this wonderful Direct to the Bus program did they also have a direct luggage program or do you have to be able to take your luggage with you?

OOPS this is a duplicate to the posting above) however, for 2017 this program "US Direct" is not in place......just in case anyone looks as I did to see about the ease of flying home from Vancouver.

Not new.

And you probably need to thank Canadian Immigration and Border services for the program as well. No matter how hard I try, I cant imaging a program like this being made available to "foreigners" arriving in the USA!

AE_Collectors

What was the cost? And so was it worth it both financially and time wise?

How bad have the Canadian Customs been with returning cruise ship passengers? We have only done it once and it was totally painless; just like arriving at YVR.

What was the cost? And so was it worth it both financially and time wise? Not the poster, but I assume it is just the normal cost of a transfer from ship to airport.

How bad have the Canadian Customs been with returning cruise ship passengers? We have only done it once and it was totally painless; just like arriving at YVR.

Although Canadian customs is not much of a problem, I assume** doing it this way avoids US immigration/customs at the airport as you were already in the US as far as immigration/customs is concerned when you were on the ship on an Alaskan cruise.

** Maybe someone can tell me if I am correct or not.

I called Princess about this today because having this program would affect which cruise direction I picked. However, the clerk did check with her supervisor and this program is not available this summer.I am looking to book next year so I was told to call back @ the end of August.