International pier to Playa Palancar in Cozumel

knots4crewzing

Last summer it was $25 each way from Puerta Maya pier to Palancar each way.

I wasn't aware of an official increase - was that the fare displayed on the board at Puerta Maya? The fare from town is $25. Last November we paid in pesos so of course it was much less but I would be interested to see an up to date photo of the rates if they have gone up.

I wasn't aware of an official increase - was that the fare displayed on the board at Puerta Maya? The fare from town is $25. Last November we paid in pesos so of course it was much less but I would be interested to see an up to date photo of the rates if they have gone up.

Yes it was displayed on the fare board at Puerta Maya. I took a picture of the fares but can't seem to locate it now but will post here when I find it.

Yes it was displayed on the fare board at Puerta Maya. I took a picture of the fares but can't seem to locate it now but will post here when I find it.

That is interesting to know. It is a long time since I have seen any updated photos posted on here so it would be useful to have.

Picture taken today, May 30. Puerta Maya to Palancar $25

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the rates.

Unfortunately, like the above poster, I am unable to read any of it so I will still be unable to use it for future planning.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Taxiinternational?From=Taxiairport

Confirm price with driver before leaving, about 25 mins. ( may have had price increase by then!)

This link is outdated (at least for the 6-8 passenger fare). We were there on May 31st and were expecting to pay $40 each way for Palancar. It ended up being $50 each way. Made money a little tight for us for the day because we were expecting $40 (should have brought more cash to begin with - lesson learned). Loved the beach though! Totally worth it!

This link is outdated (at least for the 6-8 passenger fare). We were there on May 31st and were expecting to pay $40 each way for Palancar. It ended up being $50 each way. Made money a little tight for us for the day because we were expecting $40 (should have brought more cash to begin with - lesson learned). Loved the beach though! Totally worth it!

A local source has confirmed to me this week there has been no official increase in prices agreed by the city.

It is always more expensive to catch a taxi from one of the waiting stations like hotels, and I presume piers and I have to admit that I always thought the boards at the piers "were official' but the above photo suggests otherwise, if my local source is correct.

All taxi drivers are required to carry a tarif in the taxi which should be produced on request but I am sure they are likely at this point to not understand English! It is always best to confirm and agree fare before leaving in taxi.

Taking into account the exchange rate that is a huge increase that you paid.

Our last land visit was November 2015 and paying in pesos (which we do on land visits) we thought the fares were very reasonable. I have just checked the list of fares given to me by Occidental (almost as far as Palancar) and the rate to International pier or Puerta Maya is listed as 400pesos for 6-8 people. interestingly enough, Punta Langosta is also listed as 400pesos but downtown is only 360! It would appear there is no logic to the fares and only confirms my thoughts that you should check before leaving and only agree if you are comfortable with the price.