allure flight home time

HI there- we are in a STAR Suite (1720) on the 8/21 Allure sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. We plan on having them take our luggage and it arriving in seattle (can't remember what that is called)

We don't like to stress or rush, so was thinking a nice quite breakfast and head off around 9:30. Does anyone know what time I will be safe for booking a flight? I hear with the genie you can go through security/customs pretty quickly....

Would a 11:49 flight be ok do we think? Or is 1pm better? THANKS for any thoughts.

HI there- we are in a STAR Suite (1720) on the 8/21 Allure sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. We plan on having them take our luggage and it arriving in seattle (can't remember what that is called)

We don't like to stress or rush, so was thinking a nice quite breakfast and head off around 9:30. Does anyone know what time I will be safe for booking a flight? I hear with the genie you can go through security/customs pretty quickly....

Would a 11:49 flight be ok do we think? Or is 1pm better? THANKS for any thoughts.

If you don't want to leave the ship until 9:30, I would go with the 1pm since you say you don't like to stress or rush. You could make an 11:49 if you got off the ship earlier or if you are flying first class or have pre-chek, though even those are not a sure thing with the current state of the TSA security lines.

Since you are not in a rush, I'd go with the 1pm flight. That way if the government decides we need to be punished and makes customs go really slow, you will still make it.

I thought with luggage valet you had to have a flight after 1pm or so to use it. I don't know if the suite guests are different or not.

Depends on airport, FLL is 1130 and I think MIA is 1:00 PM

OP or anybody else, can you tell me if Virgin America participates out of FLL. I know they aren't listed on the RCCL www site, but it also says to check with guest services as participation varies by port.

We are sailing Allure in October and I booked VA for the direct SFO - FLL flight. I never even thought about VA not participating in luggage express.

I thought with luggage valet you had to have a flight after 1pm or so to use it. I don't know if the suite guests are different or not.

When we sailed Allure and Oasis, the flight had to be after 11:30 for FLL.

Safe travels.

Depends on airport, FLL is 1130 and I think MIA is 1:00 PM

OP or anybody else, can you tell me if Virgin America participates out of FLL. I know they aren't listed on the RCCL www site, but it also says to check with guest services as participation varies by port.

We are sailing Allure in October and I booked VA for the direct SFO - FLL flight. I never even thought about VA not participating in luggage express.

Here is a recent Luggage Valet form from Oasis:

http://scfloaters.info/20160430Oasis/CompassPlanner/LuggageValet.pdf

Edited by clarea