Balcony cabin on Anthem

I think you may have just gotten lucky that 7248 was available! I know I kept switching my parents until I was able to get them that largest balcony!

The lifeboats are on Deck 5 and Deck 6 balconies are obstructed by the tops of them. If I remember correctly there were NOT even any lifeboats directly under the -248 cabins, mostly because it was still part of that hump. I'm trying to compare the deck plans from Deck 5 vs. Deck 7 and it doesn't look like there should be lifeboats directly beneath your cabin.

Either way, it definitely would not be right outside your balcony or impeding that wonderful view at all! We had an obstructed view balcony on 6 and the top of the lifeboat came up to just about our balcony railing!

Have a great cruise! :D

Thank you so much for the info...haven't been on getting ready to sail HOTS the 28th. I coordinated 40 family members and a few friends for that one...so a bit of work. Looking forward to the Anthem..hoping for great weather that week!

7248 is a solo balcony. It can accommodate 2 people, but it's tight. IMO great for one person, but very cozy for 2.

Here's a video of 7648 which is the same cabin on the opposite side -

I actually was able to switch over to 7162 hopefully that is a normal sized cabin with an extra large balcony 7248 didn't sound like something I would like...large balcony is great but I would be in my room more than the balcony so tight wouldn't work for me. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

We had room 8114 on our 1/2/2017 cruise, with a PO view (the one that cuts off the corners like a picture frame. Loved the balcony and the grest price. However, we had very rough seas 3 of the 12 nights, lots of rolling and rocking, loud bangs from waves hitting the front of the ship. my DH was sea sick for the first time. We will not book a room in the front again.

Anthem deck plan error.

I read that 11164 on the Anthem is actually a diagonal balcony as compared to square on diagram.

Assume that 11564 on the starboard side is the same diagonal??????

Yes, the starboard side 564 cabins have the larger diagonal balcony except for 6164. These aren't as large as the 562 balconies.

We were in 10562 on our Anthem last March and in the first shot below is taken from that balcony you can see the diagonal other railing of the next rearward balcony on the right side which is that of 10564.

Second shot has the starboard side bank of 562 and 564 balconies in the middle which all have diagonal outer railings except for 6564 on deck 6, hidden behind front of the front of the first lifeboat, which has a standard rectangular balcony as per the deck plan on RCI website. The balcony for 6164 is the same standard rectangular balcony and the balcony for 6162 has a more angled other railing thus is smaller than the higher deck 162 cabins as shown in the third shot which is of the port side bank of 162 and 164 balconies. Same situation exist for the balcony for 6562 on the other side.

attachment.php?attachmentid=402787&d=1485746884

attachment.php?attachmentid=402788&d=1485746884

attachment.php?attachmentid=402789&d=1485746884

589466779_P3131774(2).jpg.c9266e8056a90b842bf88f4f612674b9.jpg

1922398708_P3141786(2).jpg.cd303afe872a412e9a6c88341672ecb9.jpg

1146713787_P1040917(2).jpg.5ed78ab5f829df0dbc8ba4acc6144916.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Can I get assistance with 13644? I currently have 11170 booked, but I see 13644 available right near the elevator. I like being close to deck 14.

Is there a problem with the overhang on 13644? Looking at the deck plans there is space between Johnny Rockets and Coastal Kitchen, but I'm not sure what that is. I'm thinking it's both kitchens for the restaurants.

Can I get assistance with 13644? I currently have 11170 booked, but I see 13644 available right near the elevator. I like being close to deck 14.

Is there a problem with the overhang on 13644? Looking at the deck plans there is space between Johnny Rockets and Coastal Kitchen, but I'm not sure what that is. I'm thinking it's both kitchens for the restaurants.

The overhang doesn't have much of a impact on that cabin's balcony as it is just off of the hump as shown in the shot below. Arrow indicates the balcony for 13644.

Above it is indeed the kitchen area for the Coastal Kitchen as Johnny Rockets has its grill in its area.

P1091325d.jpg.d287e10367ad3822805b3941db65c9fb.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

• 2 weeks later...
We have that cabin in October, thanks for the pictures! Can you tell me more about the hammock? It looks like a great idea !

Sammy...what kind of hammock did you use for your balcony? How did you exactly hang it? I'd love to bring one and my husband thinks I'm crazy! lol We are in cabin 12248 and it has a large balcony.

I'm not sure of the brand but it is just a nylon type of cloth hammock that rolls up into a little bag, kind of like a mini sleeping bag! It kind of resembles this from Target...http://www.target.com/p/eco-trekker-camping-hammock-red-gray/-/A-50017317?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Patio+Garden+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Patio+Garden&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9006422&gclid=CNyri_v3gNICFcZLDQodtdYEfg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I found a video that looks like it describes the process and shows how they attached it to the support structure, it wasn't too difficult! Just make sure you have strong enough rope/cord to hold the weight of whoever may be enjoying the hammock! We had the same kind of structure so it was pretty easy to secure it! My Dad LOVED napping in that hammock on their balcony! haha

For the 248 and 648 rooms, how can they be smaller than other balcony rooms with a "D" classification? In fact, they are being sold at the premium price of a D1 room. I realize that is because of the balcony size and location, but I am having a hard time understanding where the claim of these rooms being a studio or solo room is coming from. Can anyone provide any definitive insight?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For the 248 and 648 rooms, how can they be smaller than other balcony rooms with a "D" classification? In fact, they are being sold at the premium price of a D1 room. I realize that is because of the balcony size and location, but I am having a hard time understanding where the claim of these rooms being a studio or solo room is coming from. Can anyone provide any definitive insight?

I think the only ones that people were referring to as having smaller cabin size were actual studio balcony rooms, at least that is what I think! Any of the -248 or -648 that are sold as D1s do not have smaller cabins that any other balcony room. My parents were in 8248, which was a D1, and their cabin was the same size as my Aunt and Uncle's and our balcony room. They just had the massive balcony!

ETA: I just pulled up Anthem's deck plans and found the following descriptions.

Super Studio Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (SB) (Which were 6248,6648, 7248, and 7648)

Single full size bed, full bathroom and private balcony. Single occupancy stateroom, no single supplement required.

(119 sq. ft., balcony 55 sq. ft.)

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D1) (which were 8-13 decks of 248/648)

Two twin beds that convert to Royal King, sitting area with sofa, full bathroom and private balcony.

(198 sq. ft., balcony 65 sq. ft.)

Hope that helps!

Edited by sammydh82

I think the only ones that people were referring to as having smaller cabin size were actual studio balcony rooms. Any of the -248 or -648 that are sold as D1s do not have smaller cabins that any other balcony room. My parents were in 8248, which was a D1, and their cabin was the same size as my Aunt and Uncle's and our balcony room. They just had the massive balcony!

That's good to hear. Thanks for the clarification.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
The overhang doesn't have much of a impact on that cabin's balcony as it is just off of the hump as shown in the shot below. Arrow indicates the balcony for 13644.

Above it is indeed the kitchen area for the Coastal Kitchen as Johnny Rockets has its grill in its area.

Is the arrow pointing to 13644 or 13648. I was under the assumption that the angled balcony is 48. And 13644 is 2 cabins to the right. Slightly smaller but non angled balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums