Esape Puzzle on Anthem

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with a question. We will be on Anthem in October and my son is excited about the Escape Room Puzzle game in SeaPlex. I believe I read somewhere that you are supposed to be 14 to do this and he'll only be 9. I'm not sure if that age is if you are doing it yourself though. Does anyone know if he'll be allowed to do it if he's with our whole family? I called Crown & Anchor and the person who I spoke to didn't even know what it was haha... hit and miss. Thanks for any help!

I don't think it is really suitable for 9 yr olds. The one on the Anthem is tricky, doing sudoku, crosswords and knowing a lot about a specific geographic area ( Won't give the game away).

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to know this too. Seems not much is known 'officially' about these puzzle rooms! I'd like to do it with my son who will be 13yo when on Ovation next February!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think it is suitable for a 9 yr. old. It is mostly geared for adults. it is not something that a child can do by himself. You are working as a group with people you have just met. I think there were 12 of us in the room. The idea is to share clues and information. Ours was about the planets and stars.

Is there s cost to participate? I know you need to book. Also does the winning team get a prize, of just the glory of solving the puzzle room is glory enough [emoji12]!!

Is there s cost to participate? I know you need to book. Also does the winning team get a prize, of just the glory of solving the puzzle room is glory enough [emoji12]!!

No cost.

We did get a wristband on Anthem but nothing on Ovation.

No prize..... They just open the door and let you out!!!

When you booked on Harmony you had to declare you were over 14.

Edited by little britain

In fairness to the fun and enjoyment of others, please don't give away too much information with respect to Puzzle Break. Some posters have hinted a bit too specifically.

That said, it IS difficult and definitely not appropriate for those under the stated age as they will be bored stiff for the hour. I doubt even 14 year olds will offer much input.

No cost.

We did get a wristband on Anthem but nothing on Ovation.

No prize..... They just open the door and let you out!!!

When you booked on Harmony you had to declare you were over 14.

Thanks for that info! I

think I actually learnt of this whole puzzle room existence from your posts in an Ovation of the Seas maiden voyage thread! So thanks again!!

In fairness to the fun and enjoyment of others, please don't give away too much information with respect to Puzzle Break. Some posters have hinted a bit too specifically.

That said, it IS difficult and definitely not appropriate for those under the stated age as they will be bored stiff for the hour. I doubt even 14 year olds will offer much input.

From the cryptic clues left here I'm starting to worry this forty something year old will be able to contribute [emoji15][emoji12]

From the cryptic clues left here I'm starting to worry this forty something year old will be able to contribute [emoji15][emoji12]

our group of 5 40-somethings finished with 7 minutes to spare! :D we were with two other couples a bit younger than us (one maybe late 20s, one 30s), and a solo woman a bit older than us. because there are so many different types of puzzles, every single one of us contributed a clue or two - it worked out great.

On a different note, does anyone know if you can drink in the puzzle room? :)

you can't drink in the puzzle room proper. however, there's a little entry room you go into first that has a short film about how the puzzle room works, and you can leave drinks in there on the tables and pop out to take a sip when you need it. there was actually a freestyle machine in there, too, but it was broken when we went. this was on anthem; the setup may be different on other ships.

On a different note, does anyone know if you can drink in the puzzle room? :)

No!!! And you won't have time with people milling around and 12 people doing 12 things, plus you need a sharp mind.:eek:

To the poster that gave away a bit too much............do you tell people what is in their Christmas present while they are holding it to open?:confused: DON'T SAY ANY MORE!!:mad:

Please no more clues!! And unless your kid just won the Scripps spelling bee or is attending college at 9...........no kids, NO toddlers, NOO babies!

There are no teams, you all work together, very closely, take a breath mint.

No prizes, you all win or loose, but the person there will help with clues if he feels you are going down the wrong direction.

I didn't hear anything about an age restriction and I didn't see anything in any of the puzzles that was inappropriate for any age (it's really clean fun for a change).

My only concern is that a typical 9 year old may find it tedious and want out before the hour is up. The puzzles are challenging and sometimes frustrating, but that's what makes it the most fun.

Also, if a person is short in stature they may not be able to find some of the clues. Of course, if they are there with tall people they can just point and the taller person can assist.

I would have liked this when I was 9, but I was a total nerd (OK I still am).

Tom

our group of 5 40-somethings finished with 7 minutes to spare! :D we were with two other couples a bit younger than us (one maybe late 20s, one 30s), and a solo woman a bit older than us. because there are so many different types of puzzles, every single one of us contributed a clue or two - it worked out great!

I have renewed hope! [emoji38]

One last question from me, where exactly IS the puzzle room in the Seaplex area! Or is that the first challenge...finding it?! [emoji848]

If you could explain per the non detailed deck plans for the quantum ships, that would be appreciated, if a little nerdy...[emoji851][emoji4]

I have renewed hope! [emoji38]

One last question from me, where exactly IS the puzzle room in the Seaplex area! Or is that the first challenge...finding it?! [emoji848]

If you could explain per the non detailed deck plans for the quantum ships, that would be appreciated, if a little nerdy...[emoji851][emoji4]

it's actually in the fuel teen disco, which is on the port side of the ship, in front of the seaplex on deck 15. that space lives a double life - it's disco by night, puzzle room by day. :p when you get off the aft elevators on the port side, head toward the seaplex; it's between the elevators and the seaplex itself. it's labeled as "fuel teen disco" on the deck plans. the little empty space next to it is the room where you can leave your drinks.

we had to sign up at the desk in the seaplex which is directly inside the seaplex when you enter the doors. there are limited slots, so i'd do it first day. also check your cruise planner; some people have reported being able to book online for the harmony puzzle room, so maybe that ability will come to anthem, too.

On the Anthem, Curious how big is the room, Windows? As I'd like to try but have some mild claustrophobia - doesn't really stop me from doing anything but can get uneasy in anything smaller than elevator with no window, so just wondering ho crowded it feels with # of people for game... It wouldn't super bother me, but vacation all about feeling relaxed :) for me

Thanks.

Ps. Plus would probably try on extended family cruise...so would be potentially a lot of relatives together in small space :-)

Edited by JosieRhodes

it's actually in the fuel teen disco, which is on the port side of the ship, in front of the seaplex on deck 15. that space lives a double life - it's disco by night, puzzle room by day. :p when you get off the aft elevators on the port side, head toward the seaplex; it's between the elevators and the seaplex itself. it's labeled as "fuel teen disco" on the deck plans. the little empty space next to it is the room where you can leave your drinks.

we had to sign up at the desk in the seaplex which is directly inside the seaplex when you enter the doors. there are limited slots, so i'd do it first day. also check your cruise planner; some people have reported being able to book online for the harmony puzzle room, so maybe that ability will come to anthem, too.

Thanks Karmacats! I know exactly where you're talking about! We have a while before the calendar opens up for our sailing but I'll definitely look out for it, else make a bee line up to Seaplex on embarkation day [emoji1]

On the Anthem, Curious how big is the room, Windows? As I'd like to try but have some mild claustrophobia - doesn't really stop me from doing anything but can get uneasy in anything smaller than elevator with no window, so just wondering ho crowded it feels with # of people for game... It wouldn't super bother me, but vacation all about feeling relaxed :) for me

Thanks.

Ps. Plus would probably try on extended family cruise...so would be potentially a lot of relatives together in small space :-)

The puzzle room on Anthem is about the size of a master bedroom, no windows, well lit and junk everywhere. You are not really locked in, the guide can let you out if you wish.

I don't remember a video before (on Anthem) and the room does NOT appear to be anything else at night.......way to small and too much stuff.

Each ship has a different puzzle. A lot of thought went into the actual puzzle so if one cruises again on the same ship, the puzzle will remain the same as most of the shows.

I don't remember a video before (on Anthem) and the room does NOT appear to be anything else at night.......way to small and too much stuff.

There was no video shown on Anthem when we did the Puzzle Room either (this was on the TA last fall). I don't think the puzzle room itself can be used for anything else, because of all the puzzle equipment. But there's an ante-room with the Freestyle soda machine in it that may be open at other times (I think for teens).

Edited by Turtles06

There was no video shown on Anthem when we did the Puzzle Room either (this was on the TA last fall). I don't think the puzzle room itself can be used for anything else, because of all the puzzle equipment. But there's an ante-room with the Freestyle soda machine in it that may be open at other times (I think for teens).

They must have started the video after the TA, Turtles. :)

When I sign up for the Puzzle Break room, am I allowed to sign up for 7 family members and friends if I have all their information (we would all like to do it at the same time) or does each person have to go in person? Thanks for all the great information on this forum!

Reggie