**May 28 Escape - Haven Photo Review- As live as wifi allows!!! ***

RushFan

Thanks for writing a Haven review for the escape. We are leaving in 3 weeks& I am super excited. We stayed in the haven on the breakaway this past march and it was wonderful. When we last traveled I had a broken leg and I was unable to use the haven sundeck because I was using a wheel chair at the time & there is no easy way to get up there on the BA in an elevator, this time around I plan on spending as much time as possible out on the sun deck. Please let me know if its crowded, lots of children & easy to get drink service. I am tossing the idea around of maybe picking up a vibe pass. Can you also find out if Mark the haven bartender will still be on the June 25th sailing? Thanks in advance & enjoy the rest of your week!!

Marc leaves in 2.5 weeks. He will be gone by the June 25 sail.

Easy to get drinks , a few kids but always room in spas and deck chairs.

The vibe is just more of the same. I would

Consider Mandara spa if you want a true get away...

I saw them for Grace Under Pressure... Been hooked ever since... Maybe one day they will do a Rush cruise..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were in the Haven Spa Suites a month ago and looking at your pics still brings back good memories!

Btw... I've seen every tour since Signals! And so yes, count me in for a Rush cruise!!!!

Thanks for a great review! What is the manufacturer of your snorkel mask? Where did you get it?

I got it on Amaz0n... Not sure if that counts as advertising...Vaincre is the manufacturer

Ok we can talk Virgin Gorda Baths and Snorkel. First off we took a cattle boat over to the snorkel area. Not bad but there was probably 80-100 on the boat.

The swim was a breeze..

8ec92c00e03c63864ef14a22ed3cf33b.jpg

0a512b33c95381d90908fe3388d56872.jpg

The salt baths were a little tight. If you can bring water shoes do so. Slippery rocks and wet stairs..

127a6c7868b6c80fa1df672cf72d70d4.jpg

625226d9c55c2180b037c4b35af44cf7.jpg

All kinds of fish and a small pod of tarpon amongst millions of baitfish... They were so thick you could not see bottom. I swam through them to find the tarpon underneath..

It's well worth the time but our guide rushed us through the baths. Many have said break free and take your time. I would have to agree with that. Make sure you don't try to go the other way through the baths it is basically one lane and takes forever. A family was trying to go upstream and was not finding it very easy..

Great spot and we were very pleased overall with Tortola...

I still owe someone a lunch menu from Haven but it was less than stellar. Hot dog, hamburger veggie wrap and chicken Caesar wrap etc...

We had a nice relaxing lunch and I laughed as people got up they changed the Haven lounge covers.. Nice touch...

e335e23c6d4f922a58aaad8f82c4ef88.jpg

Not overcrowded had a cabana to myself at 1 pm...

fd261a7c487d3605c4a1b032d4e2ad8a.jpg

Thank you so much for your review and the picture of the pullman bed. I have been scouring the internet ever since we upgraded to a 2 bedroom in hopes of finding what the beds were like in the 2nd bedroom. Yours is the first I've seen of the pullman down.

d5337c39e1179b09c27bf57f738efe7d.jpg

972018dd3c22127361ae8386820f5825.jpg

Here are the extra beds in the 2 bedroom villa. It says sleeps up to six but I am not sure where number 6 sleeps. There is no Pullman in living room area , just a sofa sleeper...

Marc leaves in 2.5 weeks. He will be gone by the June 25 sail.

Easy to get drinks , a few kids but always room in spas and deck chairs.

The vibe is just more of the same. I would

Consider Mandara spa if you want a true get away...

Thanks for the info!! After reading a few reviews calling Marc the master mixologist I was really hoping he would be onboard for our cruise on the 25th. :( I guess I will be sticking to my old boring favorites. lol I usually pass on the Mandara spa passes because I prefer being outside on the sun decks, but it is very tranquil!!I am a teacher and since its June I am ready for a break away from children for a little bit & thats really the only reason why I would consider Vibe because no children are allowed...lol :) I am so excited to be in the Haven again & its true, you do become spoiled....

Thank you so much for the info about the face mask. Ordered two today. They sound awesome because I don't like the water going down the snorkel if you lean the wrong way or a wave comes over

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok we can talk Virgin Gorda Baths and Snorkel. First off we took a cattle boat over to the snorkel area. Not bad but there was probably 80-100 on the boat.

Thank you for your review - I'm really enjoying it.

I have a few questions about the Baths.

Did you do it on your own or through NCL?

It seems like there were a lot of people What time did you get there?

What's with the life jackets? This is the first time I've seen pictures of peole wearing life jackets on this excursion.

Thank you for your review - I'm really enjoying it.

I have a few questions about the Baths.

Did you do it on your own or through NCL?

It seems like there were a lot of people What time did you get there?

What's with the life jackets? This is the first time I've seen pictures of peole wearing life jackets on this excursion.

We did the NCL excursion. We met at 7 am and headed out around 7:30 and made it there near 8 am. Snorkled to the beach / bath entrance and got through the bath by 930. Then had about an hour and a half to free swim with the tarpon.

Those are snorkel vests not life vests. They basically can be blown up to provide more buoyancy.

We were back around 11:45 and had some rum punch on the way back.. Easy trip..

Thank you again for more pictures of the room! Question, did they makeup the bed in the living room each day or did you leave the couch made as a bed the entirety of the trip?

They'll do whatever you want but usually they'll make the bed back into a couch in the morning then configure it back to however you want in the evening.

Ok Nassau... Imagine this 4 ships pull in between 11 and 12 pm..

30accf9178d904c82e76bbae014f8a8d.jpg

Then throw in a labor parade....

2e17845c8b8c257300870ca9f6f1a3a1.jpg

Guess what happens to the traffic..

c3e24c088de4d9c4ff36260268311c49.jpg

So we thankfully had a light shopping day and went back to this...

32b16d6d4db12792a514f7d41d263019.jpg

That is our Bahamas... Many people stayed on the boat.. We HAD to get souvenirs...

Found the ship...

Got here at 9:45. Bags off and parked in under 15 min. Checked in at 10 am into small wait area. Moved to a little larger area about 10:15. Waiting to board with horrible cell service.

I think they are preparing me for how bad the ship is...

Let's hope not....

Great review so far - thanks for posting. Did you have any issues parking? I'd recently read somewhere it was hard to park at the port and we will have a car for this trip.

Thanks!

Ty

^^^ parking was a breeze at terminal. Dropped bags off and were parked in 5 min. I would imagine off site is not bad but we did not want to deal with 5 people and bags etc...

One note on Haven food. It is top quality but the menu does not change. Breakfast lunch and dinner all the same as I posted earlier. We found ourself trying different spots. Especially for Lunch..

O'Sheehans is quality for bar food though..

9abc179175143553fc24f4a9f4194093.jpg