**May 28 Escape - Haven Photo Review- As live as wifi allows!!! ***

RushFan

I would book this exact same room again if that puts your mind at ease! In a heart beat! It was not anything that was disruptive to us at least!

I just read your review - nicely done! DH and I were in 18104 the week before you (we had Mari Beth as our steward) and I really noticed the noise from the deck chairs some nights - not every night, but enough to be a minor annoyance. That said, the Haven is amazing and that room is just beautiful!

OP, I'm looking forward to more of your review!

Edited by CruzinMel

I have never been or NCL, but sail in Suite on Oasis and am thinking about giving the Haven a try. Are there complimentary beverages during happy hour like on RCCL?

Yes there is a suite room that has free drinks and appetizers for suite guests. It was very nice and we always used it before we went to dinner. There were a few times we left during dinner for a "bathroom" break and came back with full glasses of wine...

But it is not like Norwegian where every bar is a "suite" bar with UDP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the deck chair noise I am happy to report there was none whatsoever. I am betting they figured out how to do it quietly.

Arnie is our butler and he has been great. Absolutely spoiling us.. And a first night penguin..

bf87dac1f19ca5e4cdaa20127151688d.jpg

Food republic cooking demonstration... Now they can show me what I can't do.. Venue is fine but it's packed downstairs so we went up a level....

9105088196cea04d2d59b59d71d1345c.jpg

It's basically Asian fusion with Latin America.

A quick note on the Internet. Unlimited is $209 the first day... I say wait until day 2 when it drops to $175 ish. I mean you already have cell wifi in port probably... Then you can just wait 12 hours and it drops $30.. This is again why I stay anonymous as I am sure NCL would frown on this knowledge.. Don't wait until day 3 as unlimited is gone after day 2.. It is slow right now but by July it is promised to be more like land speed...

1fae4df11e3bb640116e85d789f0c37d.jpg

I know I promised not too much food but it is really exceptional.

We went to food republic and it was very good as well.

aa8c58291bd6d00c5410566521f6eadc.jpg

Ok let's talk jogging track... Basically this is a letdown. 8 loops for a mile and very narrow. They put out huge yellow caution signs that warn for slippery when wet and basically you are playing slolam (sp) between the cones and people in flip flops that are really there to challenge runners or speed walkers... It's get out there before 7 or maybe find a treadmill but Oasis track has this one crushed hands down... I know it's not make or break for most people but I thought it was worth a mention... I will post photos of it in a bit..

Hey RushFan....think it was one year ago last week that me and the DW went to Greensboro to see Rush on their farewell tour. Our very first date was to a Rush concert in 1988 (Hold Your Fire tour) and we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on Escape in The Haven on July 2nd.

Looking forward to the rest of your review and pictures.

Have a great time!!

If you like exotic adult beverages, ask Marc at the Haven Bar to make you a "Smoke and Fire"... I've never been fortunate enough to stay in the Haven, but was invited up for the Captains reception and spent the whole time at the bar indulging in their master mixology...

The ropes course is a blast... The upper section was closed but the plank was open. When you turn you can pull the line and it takes your photo... Yes you have to pay to get it...

7df188d1e3466105c9090f045c733aef.jpg

f0761a801ab86599fea5c5908901bce2.jpg

There is also a kids rope course for 48"

And under that the parents can take them around at near ground level... It zip line but the parents have to push a bit...

Gambee had a great shot of the Atrium chandelier. It changes color but I was not going to stand and wait for it so I sped up the process...

da4f033c160b162c3c5a7bb28835c7af.jpg

The photo may have been digitally altered... Funny but most people on this cruise seem to be chemically altered at this point...

If you like exotic adult beverages, ask Marc at the Haven Bar to make you a "Smoke and Fire"... I've never been fortunate enough to stay in the Haven, but was invited up for the Captains reception and spent the whole time at the bar indulging in their master mixology...

Having Marc make one now!! Thanks for the tip!

If you go to Moderno, can you take a pic of the dessert menu? We are looking for the name of the banana tart they have. It was fabulous. Thanks in advance.

I am excited to follow your review since I have 3 cabins booked for clients on your sailing AND I was informed that the window in the Master Bedroom is broken and will not be replaced in time for sailing. It would be cool if it turned out that THIS was the window in my clients Villa!! Happy Sailing:)

8ea5dd9d9629d641c411220f9fbee684.jpg

Some Spa pics.. We added the Mandara spa for $199. It's $209 if you don't prepay..

For the Haven peeps there is a Sauna at the back of the pool in the Haven... We did not know that.

Haven Sauna

fd2aa9332ac3f1c2a3b47994142c5d32.jpg

c90e7fed1e637c1cad7ae2b02febfffc.jpg

759cf9b1fef1c40e60ec5408a3dc5862.jpg

The snow room was broke a few weeks back but it is plenty cold now and yes it snowed about 6" overnight... Skis will not fit btw...

Ship was broke already. Replacing glass in port..

b008d597d70d93fff7e0e2ce641bc41b.jpg

If you go to Moderno, can you take a pic of the dessert menu? We are looking for the name of the banana tart they have. It was fabulous. Thanks in advance.

We are there tomorrow night.. I will get a photo then...

We also did the "family pizza making". Thinking it was like from how to make dough etc.. It was just put your own toppings on pre made semi frozen crust and cook it and eat it... Would skip that one next time... Decorating cupcakes on Oasis was better but this was free so I should have figured it..