**May 28 Escape - Haven Photo Review- As live as wifi allows!!! ***

RushFan

We are there tomorrow night.. I will get a photo then...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks. Make sure to try that dessert as well.

Great pictures! This really helps us get excited for our next cruise on this great ship! I would love to see more pictures of Haven food as we are about to try our first Haven experience soon.

Thanks for your review and sharing your cruise with us. Have fun!:D

Ok Teppanyaki

This was a little off for us. I think it all depends on the chef and a little bit on the way they cook. First off I think we had a pretty new chef as he did very little compared to others we saw. More going through the motions. It was just the way our luck was so we would just watch other chefs that had a lot more experience let's say..

But they all make flowers and an omlette snake of some sort .

c41558c1295d9930e290a876f819662c.jpg

4c64e7c308be35ed36d93f07f92e3563.jpg

Most sang and forced some sort of karaoke on the table, ours did not. I was ok with it because my vocal skills are less than desirable.. My kids however would have gotten a kick out of it. One of the chefs busted out "Don't stop believing " by Journey and the whole section jumped in on that one..

I would say the shrimp and seafood was very good but most of us got the filet. It was cooked to the right temperature, but had absolutely no seasoning. I could see Gordon Ramsey going off on the guy for forgetting the salt... Honestly it is probably related to some health initiative about lowering salt content by NCl. There was no soy sauce on any tables so that is where I draw my conclusions being we were in a Japanese restaurant. We asked and they did find us some. In my opinion there are plenty of seasonings that would have made it better than just salt so not sure why they would not do something....Gordon is probably screaming out at me now "Thyme!!!".

If you have every been to this style restaurant you may find it more of the same. But if you feel like "rolling the bones" you may end up with that Journey loving chef. Instead....

For any wondering about the atrium chandelier it does change to some pretty cool color schemes.. Even without my star field effect photo app...

378ee34884ec649e196b815a81178398.jpg

For future Haven guests the theater does have seating reserved mid way up on the left.

04123cc3ef1ab781f1b3ae385f678607.jpg

We went to After Midnight but it was just ok. Lot of people left early. Some singers were very good, others so so... It seems I am not alone as I have seen posts ranging from great to horrible. I am probably in between. RCCL oasis has a much nicer theater and put on more of a full Broadway show.

Our Brat pack got rescheduled to later in the week. I think they had a performer issue or something so will have to wait for that.

Hey RushFan....think it was one year ago last week that me and the DW went to Greensboro to see Rush on their farewell tour. Our very first date was to a Rush concert in 1988 (Hold Your Fire tour) and we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on Escape in The Haven on July 2nd.

Looking forward to the rest of your review and pictures.

Have a great time!!

I saw them for Grace Under Pressure... Been hooked ever since... Maybe one day they will do a Rush cruise..

d6bfdb3263d7732a2c1bf2c0fb09f6f9.jpg

View from the spa in Haven...

Water slides are pretty fun and the big Aqua loop has a minimum height of 48" and 100 lbs. this is because kids get stuck and don't make the full loop. It happens also if people don't stay streamlined. I think when the floor drops people's reaction it to brake against the walls. It's no big deal they sound a buzzer and a lifeguard opens a door mid span and let them out. There is a lifeguard there the whole time because it happens more that you would think..

I saw them for Grace Under Pressure... Been hooked ever since... Maybe one day they will do a Rush cruise..

Alex lives 3 doors away from my MIL.

My DH has served Geddy when DH worked a short stint in retail.

Nothing like a good'ol Toronto success.

Stephen

If you like exotic adult beverages, ask Marc at the Haven Bar to make you a "Smoke and Fire"... I've never been fortunate enough to stay in the Haven, but was invited up for the Captains reception and spent the whole time at the bar indulging in their master mixology...

Wholly jalepenos Batman. Marc made me "Smoke and Fire"... Looks harmless... But the Jalepeno Tequila has a kick.. I have to take the names more seriously. Barko is on vacation and Raj has taken his place with Marc...

5372777962bb02294f4b7f2742a9c0d4.jpg

This was a sweet gelato place.. Pardon the pun... But it's outside the Bake Shop on the marketplace. Have to hunt for this guy...

Good reward for finding it...

If you go to Moderno, can you take a pic of the dessert menu? We are looking for the name of the banana tart they have. It was fabulous. Thanks in advance.

ab1bd8f7b6ceedbd716bf0b290d1daf7.jpg

73a3a1c8b11293665777437b2b9499de.jpg

This is what makes posting here awesome.. We would have missed this thing if not for the question and it was ridiculously good...

Moderno in general was very good and Brazillian steakhouses are very fas since it's no stop meats...

Their salad bar is solid but it's a cruise ship so they should that covered...

ea984c4c61a65266a821ab77bca7d823.jpg

This is Marc in the Haven Bar.. Drinks are probably worth sneaking in to the Haven area one night and slipping him a fiver to mix you some potions....

(disclaimer) Norwegian cruise lines forbids non Haven guests from the area... But this is worth a little time in the brig...

Who is the other bartender? They love to banter back and forth.

We just got off Saturday. Branko was the other bartender, from Serbia. Ask Marc if he remembers the joke about "Bushwhacker".

IMO the Haven restaurant was better than the specialty restaurants. We did Cagney's twice, Moderno, and Le Bistro.

291966308_Escape(35).jpg.11d35a283f7230c5bb9700303af0c052.jpg

We just got off Saturday. Branko was the other bartender, from Serbia. Ask Marc if he remembers the joke about "Bushwhacker".

IMO the Haven restaurant was better than the specialty restaurants. We did Cagney's twice, Moderno, and Le Bistro.

Thanks for the photo. Those two were so awesome