Liberty-mosquito repellent use??

beccafries

If you're taking an excursion into jungles or woods, I'd pack some. They make insect repellent wipes that are really easy to carry and take no space. Check out the camping section of your local big box/sporting goods store.

I'm never bothered by mosquitoes....if you are normally...then bring something with DEET...Otherwise, you'll be fine on the ship. Mosquitoes do NOT breed in salt-water...they are fresh/stagnant water breeders...and they don't go to far from their breeding grounds.

Anybody on Liberty recently 5 day cruise..do we need to bring mosquito repellent????

Did u use it?? any need??

several of the excursions offered on their itineraries specifically say to bring mosquito repellent. even if we do not actually use said excursions, we bring it along since if the exclusion needs it, by default so does the entire port stop. Mine doubles as sunscreen and is on the CDC list to combat Zika. (Avon's Bug Guard)

I'd rather spend the 3 minutes applying it before debarking and have that extra little bit of insurance. it can be purchased in single use towelettes for easy (re) application on shore.

I will say "yes", even if you are just getting off the ship and wandering the neighborhood.

My reason: I did a 10 day land trip to Puerto Rico in April. Every day I was not in San Juan (all but one day), I was out at resorts. I applied my repellant with my sunscreen. No bites. The last day/night, I spent in San Juan, right where the Carnival ships dock in Old San Juan. I didn't think of applying repellant to walk around the city. Flying home the next day, I started to itch on my legs - I found some bites!!!