Allure Star Class - first and maybe continuing impressions 5/29

Not that I'm counting. [emoji1]

I have a new pony (GT 350R) for the coral that I am picking up on Friday. Ordered it in early May and it just came in last week. One of about 20 for Canada if they all get here.

Sorry for the thread steal, but I thought you'd appreciate it.

114ac32830496c58dd0da4220c4f7253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Jealous ! Beautiful new pony. And should keep your mind off the cruise. As I'm pretty sure I've said before my first word as a baby was Mustang, since we launched the same year :). And I've always been a Ford guy. But partial to BMW too. I had an engine misfire issue and they just gave me a new engine at 19k miles. They are fussy vehicles :) but at least they handled it the right way.

But I digress.

Terkov - you said Francesco brought you on but then described your Genie as "she" - do you have a different Genie ?

And for sure- you need to book shore excursions ahead of time. The ship's staff is at the mercy of the vendors on shore. No one has pull with them.

The only difference is Labadee (or Cococay) since Royal controls those.

For cabanas let them know ahead of time if you want a certain one. I'm positive on Anthem that they will get you on northstar or iFly.

As to Chops - when we were on, the aged steaks were included. But maybe that has changed. But if it's any consolation, I've never read a positive review of them. And Giovanni's actually has the best Filet (per most reports and my own experience ).

Edited by MattInFLL

Thanks very much!

Do you happen to recall the scents of the body wash, shampoo and conditioner etc?

Looking at the photo Matt posted (I think on pg 4) it looks like Repairing shampoo and conditioner, no sent given, and Revitalizing shower gel, rosemary & lavender scent.

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

Received my email from our Genie. We are on Oasis 9/10. Has anyone had Smitha Judoobur? Haven't seen that name mentioned yet.

I will be on Oasis in the Aqua Theater Suite on deck 8 next year at this time. I booked it a few weeks ago. I thought that I read somewhere that they would contact me 8 days after booking. Was this your experience?

Sorry that I couldn't help with your question but wish you a wonderful voyage.

No sorry, but maybe rosemary or lavender.

Looking at the photo Matt posted (I think on pg 4) it looks like Repairing shampoo and conditioner, no sent given, and Revitalizing shower gel, rosemary & lavender scent.

Thank-you both very much. I couldn't seem to zoom in quite close enough on the picture Matt posted upthread in order to read the fine print on the bottles. My Mom says thanks, too. :-)

I will be on Oasis in the Aqua Theater Suite on deck 8 next year at this time. I booked it a few weeks ago. I thought that I read somewhere that they would contact me 8 days after booking. Was this your experience?

I had heard this as well...but I have now booked 2 Star Class Suites and have yet to be contacted by ANYone so I think that may have been either misinformation or an idea that was considered and then ditched.

Thank-you both very much. I couldn't seem to zoom in quite close enough on the picture Matt posted upthread in order to read the fine print on the bottles. My Mom says thanks, too. :-)

I had heard this as well...but I have now booked 2 Star Class Suites and have yet to be contacted by ANYone so I think that may have been either misinformation or an idea that was considered and then ditched.

We have 3 booked in the Star Class and another this week. We have only heard from the Genie for this week's cruise. It was around 14 days prior to sailing that we heard directly from them, and not a time frame generated email. RFerrington, I think you are correct that it was thought of but it didn't actually come to fruition.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Yes he brought us on board but Marla is our genie. She is very sweet but the random this is included this is not is so odd to me. As is waiting 45 plus min for room service each time. We ate at chops and were not impressed but the waiter said everything was included and then charged us for the aged steak. Just odd. They were out of Sprite in the soda gun and were going to charge for the can? Again just odd to me we booked a cabana months ago and got to labadee today only to not have the cabana we reserved and even confirmed with Marla. We are huge Disney cruisers so it is interesting to compare things. Waited in line and guest services for 45 min to get quarters for the medicine vending machine (hubby needed Benadryl) and Marla confirmed only place to get them was deck 2 and with $4 in quarters. I don't carry that many quarters so she sent me to guest services. Wow are they understaffed and SLOW. Finally made my way down with a pocket full of quarters. It actually took the room charge card so waisted a good 45 min for nothing. It actually was $5 do wouldn't have had enough anyway?! A star line might have been helpful or perhaps her meeting me there to help get through faster?

Edited by terkov

I find it strange as well, that you have to pay extra for the aged steak at Chops when a meal at 150 Central Park or Chef Table cost more than Chops. You would think it is either all included or not included at all.

Yes he brought us on board but Marla is our genie. She is very sweet but the random this is included this is not is so odd to me. As is waiting 45 plus min for room service each time. We ate at chops and were not impressed but the waiter said everything was included and then charged us for the aged steak. Just odd. They were out of Sprite in the soda gun and were going to charge for the can? Again just odd to me we booked a cabana months ago and got to labadee today only to not have the cabana we reserved and even confirmed with Marla. We are huge Disney cruisers so it is interesting to compare things. Waited in line and guest services for 45 min to get quarters for the medicine vending machine (hubby needed Benadryl) and Marla confirmed only place to get them was deck 2 and with $4 in quarters. I don't carry that many quarters so she sent me to guest services. Wow are they understaffed and SLOW. Finally made my way down with a pocket full of quarters. It actually took the room charge card so waisted a good 45 min for nothing. It actually was $5 do wouldn't have had enough anyway?! A star line might have been helpful or perhaps her meeting me there to help get through faster?

:( THis does not sound like the experience you were expecting, or that I would be expecting for you! Marla may be nice enough as you say, but she sounds a bit like a dud of a genie. I think it is very frustrating to read that some have a great genie that bends over backwards for them, and others... notsomuch. I'm sure some wrinkles are to be expected, but from this and your prior post, I am disappointed for you and it is only two days in. I hope there is a miraculous turnaround about to happen for you.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I find it strange as well, that you have to pay extra for the aged steak at Chops when a meal at 150 Central Park or Chef Table cost more than Chops. You would think it is either all included or not included at all.

On Allure as I write.. Chops is up to 42/pp!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On Allure as I write.. Chops is up to 42/pp!

Was that Canadian or US?:eek: 5 of us just ate at the Keg Fallsview in Niagagra and with many apps and drinks the meal was $312 with tax in. There is also a premium there over the regular Keg menu. I might add the lobster wrapped with bacon was amazing. :)

Edited by A&L_Ont

Canadian or US? 5 of us just ate at the Keg Fallsview in Niagagra and with many apps and drinks the meal was $312 with tax in. There is also a premium there over the regular Keg menu. Maybe they should have the Keg at Sea.;)

I might add the lobster wrapped bacon was amazing. :)

US! We wouldn't be headed there tonight if it wasn't for a voucher from the travel agent...

I remember when Chops was 30 bucks per person.. And I haven't been cruising that long!

US! We wouldn't be headed there tonight if it wasn't for a voucher from the travel agent...

I remember when Chops was 30 bucks per person.. And I haven't been cruising that long!

I hope the meal is great. I too remember when it was more economical and the venu was only half full on purpose and not packed.

I hope the meal is great. I too remember when it was more economical and the venu was only half full on purpose and not packed.

Given the fact that I'm a steak junkie and our TA popped for the cover charge, me thinks I'm going to indulge in one of the premium cuts...

And yes, I know that Giovanni's apparently has the best steak but they don't have the appetiser and mud pie I'm craving.. Plus you get way too full on pasta. Damn carbs

Ok. A few things to comment on.

So I went back and tried to blow up my original photo of the bottles in the bathroom. Unfortunately with my new iPhone those photos were taken in what's called live mode. Which is like mini six second movies. In case you want to animate a photo. So whenever I try to blow it up too far it starts playing little six second movie. So I can't read the labels any better. Sorry. All I can say is they were very pleasant scents in the shower. :-)

We got the questionnaire about a month out. And personal email about 2 weeks out. So I would not hold my breath on the 8 days after booking.

Terkov- I'm sorry you are not having the ideal experience. Having you wait at guest services like that should not happen. I remember when I stopped at guest services to take care of something, and later told that the Francesco, and he was sort of horrified that I had not asked him to do it. You're not supposed to be waiting in line like that. They're not Butler's, but they are your personal assistant on board. That is a definite drop the ball moment. Hope it improves for you!

All I can say about inconsistencies with the genies is that all of them are still in their very first contracts. All of the genies working today started in the same group. I would hope that there will be some weeding out of those that aren't delivering the standard.

And Chops - I always go to chops when a ship offers it. Personally I found chops on allure to be one of the less than great Chops in the fleet. I'm pretty sure I noted in my original review that the service was not spectacular and I was not impressed by the sides. The filet itself was fine. But yes, I like the fillet better at Giovanni's. In retrospect, I definitely would have done dinner twice at Giovanni's instead of Chops.

Sorry that I couldn't help with your question but wish you a wonderful voyage.

Thank you so much. I personally did not ever hear about the 8 day thing, sorry.

Given the fact that I'm a steak junkie and our TA popped for the cover charge, me thinks I'm going to indulge in one of the premium cuts...

And yes, I know that Giovanni's apparently has the best steak but they don't have the appetiser and mud pie I'm craving.. Plus you get way too full on pasta. Damn carbs

Constable, did you get the upgraded steak and if so would you get it again? Hopefully the apps and mud pie topped it off the night for you.

I forgot to mention earlier, Happy Anniversary.

Edited by A&L_Ont

So I went back and tried to blow up my original photo of the bottles in the bathroom. Unfortunately with my new iPhone those photos were taken in what's called live mode. Which is like mini six second movies. In case you want to animate a photo. So whenever I try to blow it up too far it starts playing little six second movie. So I can't read the labels any better. Sorry. All I can say is they were very pleasant scents in the shower. :-)

Thank-you Matt, I really appreciate the effort and the information.

Constable, did you get the upgraded steak and if so would you get it again? Hopefully the apps and mud pie topped it off the night for you.

I forgot to mention earlier, Happy Anniversary.

I did. Apps were great. Steak was over priced. I get a better steak spending 16 bucks at my butcher. Wife said that the Maine lobster was great.

Biggest disappointment though? The mud pie. Granted it has been a few years since we last cruised but it always used to be light and delicious. This time it was rubbery and almost hard.

Still a nice meal, but not worth the 61 dollars ahead.