Regal or Caribbean Princess

gerig

We have been on both ships and given the choice between the two ships mentioned, we would prefer the Regal Princess. The Buffet layout, ample seating and selection was excellent. Lido deck and entertainment areas was also enjoyable.

We have sailed both ships multiple times and would let the itinerary be the deciding factor. However, we enjoy many new venues and shows on the Regal and miss them when we are on the other ships.

Regal would be our first choice over the other ships in the fleet if we were disregarding itinerary and price.

Its not quiiiiiite that simple for me. I like both ships. I'd take a mid-ship (or mid-aft or mid-forward) on the Regal, but if I had to take all the way forward, or all the way aft, I'd pick the Caribbean. Having been forward on the Regal, its just too much of a hike.

Its not quiiiiiite that simple for me. I like both ships. I'd take a mid-ship (or mid-aft or mid-forward) on the Regal, but if I had to take all the way forward, or all the way aft, I'd pick the Caribbean. Having been forward on the Regal, its just too much of a hike.

You are so right. We did walk around some of the PAX deck. And for us being forward was too much of a hike. I had a family member in a aft (stern) cabin. To me that was a walk.

We got hooked on cruising when Caribbean Princess first sailed (and got invited to Vicki's wedding) and have sailed on her many times. Just once sailing on Regal. We like both. Some differences:

Caribbean has a promenade deck that you can walk all the way around. Regal has a tiny Promenade with only one wide section.

Regal has an extra deck of passengers, but has a better layout on the pool deck areas so it doesn't feel as crowded.

Regal's buffet may be the best at sea.

Balcony cabins are smaller on Regal, but they generally have a small couch. The balconies themselves are all smaller - Caribbean Princess has larger balconies on the lower decks, some partially and some fully uncovered. Regal has a vertical side and pretty much all balconies are the same.

Regal has a better layout in the Sanctuary and adult pool area. Also has elevator access. Caribbean's Sanctuary was previously a basketball court with some glass added in the front to block the wind.

Regal has a gelato bar, larger International Cafe, and more restaurant and bar options in the atrium.

Regal does NOT have midship stairs that go to the upper decks. No big deal for us since we like far forward cabins.

I am glad you made your choice on the Regal, I must be the only one who prefers the CB. I like the Caribbean Princess different size balconies, walk around promenade deck, skywalkers, aft pool, ocean view cabins, but what I miss on the CB is the flat screen tv, programming on demand.

Edited by myfuzzy

I find it really difficult to disregard itinerary and price unless they are identical in all respects. The Princess product has the thread of consistency woven through its cruises such that alterations in itineraries and the difference in prices will usually trump the differences in the ships.

We have been on both. Yes, the Regal is newer and that is a plus. We liked the layout. However, the Caribbean has larger balconies on the C deck which we love. The Balcony on our Mini-suite on the Regal was very small. We also liked the on -demand tv function on the Regal (not that we watch a lot of tv but when we did it was great). We did not like how crowded the Regal theatre was. For many of the shows we had to get to the theatre at least 1/2 hour before the shows to get a seat.