Royal Suite Questions

gcorgain

I'm sailing on the Silhouette this fall and I have a couple of questions about the Royal Suite:

#1: I'm in Cabin 1116 on the Sky deck. No one seems to have reviewed this cabin before. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or others on this deck and can comment on it? I was thinking the Sky Deck would be slightly preferential as their were cabins above instead of the pool deck, but it seems like the Royal Suites are all essentially in the same location.

#2: There will be three of us in the cabin as I'm bringing my mom along. And one of us will be on the couch -- not mom. :) I was thinking she might like some flowers. Is it worth it to order some from the ship or are the included flowers in this suite decent. I've sailed primarily Aqua before and "included flowers" has been one flower, but I'm not sure about the higher end suites. Is this something the shoreside concierge can arrange (obviously for a fee) when they contact us?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I'm sailing on the Silhouette this fall and I have a couple of questions about the Royal Suite:

#1: I'm in Cabin 1116 on the Sky deck. No one seems to have reviewed this cabin before. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or others on this deck and can comment on it? I was thinking the Sky Deck would be slightly preferential as their were cabins above instead of the pool deck, but it seems like the Royal Suites are all essentially in the same location.

#2: There will be three of us in the cabin as I'm bringing my mom along. And one of us will be on the couch -- not mom. :) I was thinking she might like some flowers. Is it worth it to order some from the ship or are the included flowers in this suite decent. I've sailed primarily Aqua before and "included flowers" has been one flower, but I'm not sure about the higher end suites. Is this something the shoreside concierge can arrange (obviously for a fee) when they contact us?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Hi, not been in your cabin but have experienced and enjoyed the RS on S class several times. Re flowers, there will be a rose display in your room 6? Red rose buds in a box, cut off stems. Not overwhelming! You can speak directly or through email to the shoreside conceirge and it is something they can sort...I would think at additional cost. Another alternative is to bring flowers on board and speak to your butler re vase....

The bed settee on S class is comfortable but quite low, dependent on your mothers mobility she may find it fine and prefer to have the living room space to herself, personally I could happily sleep there! ...board with an open mind!

We are in this suite in December on our B2B,which does not help you with your question.

We've been next door on Eclipse in a CS and it is a good location, very quiet with no noise from above or below or from the elevators.

We had flowers in the CS which our butler refreshed mid way through our 14 day cruise so I'm guessing you will have them also.

My wife and I will be in this cabin on the 7/1/16 sailing out of Amsterdam. We're only a few weeks away so I'll try to come back here with any helpful info on the cabin itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my 2 cents, but there will be 3 of us in the PH on Infinity in October. I have found the sofabeds to be very uncomfortable. The only S-class ship I've sailed on was Equinox, anbd even that sofabed was very uncomfortable.

That being said, we will opt for a rollaway bed which can be secreted in a closet during the day.

Thank you all for your comments and I look forward to any further feedback. If we were to go the roller bed route, I assume our Butler could arrange it? Where is it stored during the day?

Thanks again.

Thank you all for your comments and I look forward to any further feedback. If we were to go the roller bed route, I assume our Butler could arrange it? Where is it stored during the day?

Thanks again.

Never used a rollaway bed...lots of S class RS and M class PH and never yet had a bad bed settee....Perhaps we have been lucky. The only possible issue we have found is they are quite low down. Room attendants/butlers can also get additional mattresses for you (I think they are called 'crate' mattresses). This could also be an option if you do not find the bed settee comfortable but do not want a rollaway.

Trying to picture where a rollaway could be stored...only possible place is folded in the walk in wardrobe but then that would become totally unusable. There is a wardrobe in the living area but I am fairly sure you could not fit a rollaway in it. The living area of the RS is big enough to take a rollaway but I think it would have to stay there. Perhaps folded during the day and pushed to one side...

I think Ma Bell was referring to the M class PH re pushing the bed into a closet during the day...there are plenty of them in there!

I would think there are limited numbers of rollaway beds on board...if you have any doubts I suggest you request one when contacted by the shore side conceirge then get the room attendant to make up the rollaway and the bed settee and see what you think.

Have a great cruise!

You will do much better if you bring flowers on board with you. We pick up a really large bunch from Publix and they last really well. While boarding, everyone will comment on your flowers and it makes a fun start to your cruise. [Just remember to put them trough the scanner cut end first.] Your butler will get you a vase for them.

Thank you all very much. Sounds like most feel the sofa bed is the way to go, so I will stick with that. As for the flowers I will probably just pay the Celebrity fee as I don't know where to get flowers near the port. That would be a different decision in Florida. :)

• 1 month later...
How far ahead of your cruise do you receive a call to set up your suite?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For us it has been between 7/10 days and has been email contact not a telephone call.

Our last cruise was the first through the shoreside conceirge not directly with the Michael's club host. Most of our requests were forwarded, a couple of outstanding issues (not important) were sorted by the butler as we boarded.

As we knew we were traveling pre cruise we drafted an email listing spirits, beers, sodas etc we wanted so that when we received the mail we were ready to just send.

Have a great cruise!