Any reason to pack tennis shoes?

I wear mine on the plane since they are heaviest footwear.

I do this too. Saves 1lb from my checked bag (and sometimes...every pound matters).

I take tennis shoes for walking around the ship when I know I won't be getting into the pool (buffet, shows, etc...), also a guaranteed choice if I am doing an excursion that involves physical exertion and not beach lounging. Flip flops are only fun on cement for about 15 minutes, and with some ports... you never quite know what type of terrain or environment you're going to encounter.

I don't usually do things like the rock wall or zipline, but I am sure that they require secure footwear to be used, like the second reply mentioned, and understandably so.

Happy travels!

Edited by drhall
spelling

I always bring tennis shoes as a week in flip flops is too flat for me and starts to hurt my feet.

For zip line, your kids need secured shoes (sneakers) AND socks. Saw them turning away people not wearing socks 2 weeks ago on Allure.

lol, I haven't heard them called tennis shoes in years!!

I make my kids wear "running" shoes for travel. They kick them off in the plane. We move at pretty fast pace through airports and with the right shoes they can keep up. i also don't have to worry about someone rolling luggage over my daughter's sandal feet or stepping on her toes :D

They often wear their running shoes to the kids club and will wear them if we are walking around in port. Sometimes my son and hubby will go for a run too.

In addition to the running shoes they wear for travel, for my son, we pack crocs (for the pool) and dress shoes for dinner. For my daughter, nike sandals for the pool, and a few different dressy sandals to match with her evening clothes.

I wasn't sure if the kids would need them for any activities onboard like Ziplining?

Jennifer

I always thought "sneakers" were the must have item to pack with a pair of flip flops for beach wear/deck wear etc. Besides of all the activities for kids on deck, they might be required for some excursions etc. I couldn't even imagine my kids leaving home without sneakers.

Now if you were talking about "dress shoes" that would be a whole different story.

I always bring at least two pairs of sneakers. I prefer to wear them in port since we tend to do a lot of walking. That being said, I am not really a flip flop person and find them awfully uncomfortable.

DH and I don't use the jogging deck, we prefer to power walk after breakfast on

the promenade (life boat) deck. That is where we use our sneakers/tennis shoes/

walking shoes/lace ups/jogging shoes/running shoes...or whatever you want to call them.

Same as others, we wear them onto the ship, but keep a pair of flip flops/flops/

slippers (Hawaiian term ;))/thongs/open sandals...or whatever you want to call them...in our

carry on to change out into when we board.

Edited by island lady