Just boarded Anthem today

Really crowded and confusing. I can't Register WiFi. We're in classic dynamic dining and asked for a large table and they gave us a table for 2 all by itself. I hope it will improve by tomorrow.

Really crowded and confusing. I can't Register WiFi. We're in classic dynamic dining and asked for a large table and they gave us a table for 2 all by itself. I hope it will improve by tomorrow.

I really hope your cruise gets better! It's the first day, yes? So you still have 9 days to enjoy! Don't let the small things worry you. The first day is a little overwhelming with wifi and booking, but trust me, they work themselves out.

First day is often a bit chaotic...relax! It will all smooth out........we just returned a couple of weeks ago. The first day we had trouble with the internet, but figured it out and it was our not understanding, not a problem on the cruise ship side. Also, you'll find the elevators very crowded..and will after Muster...they too improve....ENJOY!!

Edited by libertybelle41

Thanks for the replies.we had WiFi working on and off and had a great dinner at American icon with great service. Also saw 2 good introductory shows at the theater and 270

The fsy ended better than it started. Now if we can only switch to a large. Classic isrant to move tablematrs and waitrs together

We found the Internet spotty for the entire Anthem 9 night cruise last month. My advice, although frustrating is to just keep trying. It was much better on Liberty, same cruise last year.

As for dining, just enjoy what you have. My opinion is, if you like traditional dining then go on a cruise that offers it. Dynamic Dining is more conducive to either small groups or couples with Choice and large groups that are traveling together to use Classic. Just the way it is! We are upper tier with NCL, and freestyle is very much the same, so we have prior experience.

Relax and enjoy what you have. We enjoyed each of the 4 dining rooms, the service and meals. Our group loved iFly and can't wait to try it in Yonkers, Westchester County which was recommended by the trainers on the ship. Don't forget to try all the free dining areas on the ship. Everyone had fun at the pools and since you're just a couple enjoy the Solarium and the cafe there. On a bad weather day try Two70 and its adjoining cafe. We really enjoyed Spectra there too... Do not miss and arrive 30 min early to get a seat with a good sight line and comfy seating.

I'm sure there's more I could suggest, but just come back and ask if you have any questions. Enjoy your cruise!

Breakfast at two70 this am was good but oj was bad. Not crowded at all. We were on Allure on jan and February and it felt mich less crowded than Anthem but people are still finding their way so I think it will settle down. Beautiful ship. Our cabin has bad WiFi reception so I'm posting from two 70.

Breakfast at two70 this am was good but oj was bad. Not crowded at all. We were on Allure on jan and February and it felt mich less crowded than Anthem but people are still finding their way so I think it will settle down. Beautiful ship. Our cabin has bad WiFi reception so I'm posting from two 70.

I agree - found the oj to be very bad...not sure if it was too watered down or what. Most of the complimentary drinks that came out of the dispensers just tasted like water. Also agree about the wifi - spotty in the cabin at best. Way better in public areas.

We also had spotty internet on our nine day cruise on the Anthem last month.

We had a balcony on deck 10 mid ship starboard side, I always had a difficult time connecting especially in the cabin. Twice I went down to guess services to see what can be done and bam...it was working. The agents would just say 'well it's working now' very frustrating. I purchased the upgraded package with streaming...I couldn't even imagine trying to stream something. I was just looking to check for emails from back home.

Also had difficulty with the Royal IQ Text and Chat feature that we also purchased. Some text wouldn't show up for a couple of hours. The app kept losing the contact info of the people we were traveling with. Twice, the RC tech, had me delete the app and reinstall it. A day or two later same issues all over again.

We were in four different cabins and all pre-purchased Internet with Streaming and once on board purchased Royal's Text and Chat. We all had issues. Next time I will save my money and not pre-purchase any internet plans.

In regards to the OJ in 270, make sure you open the tap all the way. The best I could figure out the container contains two parts, one with concentrate and the other with water. If you open the tap only part way you get mostly water. I learned this lesson at my first breakfast this past April. The same holds true for all the beverage containers of that style in other places on the ship.

We requested a larger table and got a letter sent to our room that no larger table was available. Sp we're rotating with oir waiters at a 2spot every night. I have to say that the food in American Icon and Chic were both very good. Still disappointed as we booked Classic because we wanted to have table mates rotating with us.

Ate at Grande tonight. very good food. Great service. Talked to Diamond ring rep today and he's checking into getting is a larger table. Not much hope there. We were on 15 and they had openings on North Star so we went up. Nice little ride . Solarium hot tubs were good. All in all, it would be a good cruise except for dining. I know a lot of people think we're too picky, but having the same table mates each night is important to us. To other people it's not that important. To each his own.

We requested a larger table and got a letter sent to our room that no larger table was available. Sp we're rotating with oir waiters at a 2spot every night. I have to say that the food in American Icon and Chic were both very good. Still disappointed as we booked Classic because we wanted to have table mates rotating with us.

Ate at Grande tonight. very good food. Great service. Talked to Diamond ring rep today and he's checking into getting is a larger table. Not much hope there. We were on 15 and they had openings on North Star so we went up. Nice little ride . Solarium hot tubs were good. All in all, it would be a good cruise except for dining. I know a lot of people think we're too picky, but having the same table mates each night is important to us. To other people it's not that important. To each his own.

Don't give up. They really should be able to find some larger table where a couple hasn't shown up yet. Happens multiple times on every cruise.

I understand, we like having table mates to. Hope you can get assigned to a large table.

Edited by reallyhooked

Sorry this happened, Rsail. It's just the wife and I going. The same deal happened to us on Carnival. Very early in the booking we wanted a large table and ended up at a seating for two and it was enough to tell me (among other things we noticed) we'd never book Carnival ever again. This is horrible planning on RCL's behalf - but how early did you book large table? This post you made prompted me to call RCL just now to re-verify us at a large table and he said yes. I'd like to know more how and how far back you arranged a large table seating.

You probably feel ostracized. I think they should only seat two people at a table if they specifically request it because practically everyone likes being seated at a table with others.

And yeah, we're on Anthem next week!

Edited by johnjen