Would love to do chef table

lbfluffy

I really want to do the Chef's Table for our upcoming cruise on June 20th to Alaska. We are not elite nor do we have a suite so we won't get on early. Trying to push my husband to get us to the port early so we have a chance, I've read countless positive reviews. But my husband sees no reason to be at the port before 11am. He says if it is meant to be we will get it. Dang he frustrates me!! This is our 30th wedding anniversary!! Happy wife happy life. He's being a brat. I still have 15 days to work on him.

You've posted this on several threads... how many times can we wish you good luck and that it's the luck of the draw? You still have a good chance of making it. If you don't, do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, which is much more romantic, even in Alaska!

A ship was damaged in Ketchikan today. I'd think that's a bit more of an issue...

Sometimes when there is a great deal of interest in the Chef's Table, they will have more than one.

Just go to the PSD and sign up. It is not always first come first served- sometimes they have a lottery.

You've posted this on several threads... how many times can we wish you good luck and that it's the luck of the draw? You still have a good chance of making it. If you don't, do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, which is much more romantic, even in Alaska!

A ship was damaged in Ketchikan today. I'd think that's a bit more of an issue...

Well I'm concerned. First time I've really wanted to try something. I know there may be more than one. We are getting closer to our cruise. As I read the reviews I get more eager,

But not trying to downplay the issue in Ketchikan.

So sorry for being a pest.

Well I'm concerned. First time I've really wanted to try something. I know there may be more than one. We are getting closer to our cruise. As I read the reviews I get more eager,

But not trying to downplay the issue in Ketchikan.

So sorry for being a pest.

Not a pest, and we really do wish you good luck. However, you're going to get the same responses as before. There's just no guarantee.

Ignore snarky remarks....it's hard to contain the excitement and the Chef's Table is clearly something you really want to do!

Once you board the ship just call the dine line, they will add your name to the list and send a notification if you make it within 1-2 days after boarding. They often add an extra table depending on the length of the cruise and the interest!

Your chances are very good no matter what time you board the ship!

Edited by ramrax4

Ignore snarky remarks....it's hard to contain the excitement and the Chef's Table is clearly something you really want to do!

Once you board the ship just call the dine line, they will add your name to the list and send a notification if you make it within 1-2 days after boarding. They often add an extra table depending on the length of the cruise and the interest!

Thank you. We've been on a lot of cruises and I've always thought the chef's table would be cool, but we never did it. But with all the awesome reviews, my excitement for it got me wanting it now. Plus we may not take another cruise till 2018 since we are considering a land based Hawaii trip next year.

Jessica

I am fairly new to cruising so forgive me for asking ...What is a/the Chef Table? :D

The Chef's Table is a multi-course dinner with appropriately paired wines. It begins with champagne and canapés in the galley, then you are led to your table out in the dining room. It's a 5-course meal that takes about two hours. For those lucky to be selected, they only take a max of 12 people, it's recommended that they eat lightly for breakfast and lunch. There is some discussion whether they will accommodate anyone with a food allergy, such as seafood. It ends with a group photo with maitre'd, head chef and usually pastry chef, ladies receive a long stemmed rose, and everyone (or a couple) receives a copy of Princess' hard-bound cook book, Courses. Personally I think it is worth $95/person, or $80/person for someone that doesn't drink, or doesn't drink wine.

Edited by Treven

Thank you for the explanation. I had heard of it, but just never knew what is was. :):):)

I don't know if this happens frequently or it was just one of those things..., but when we had finished dinner and we're just sitting around having a cup of coffee, the maitre'd asked if we (the group) would like to have dinner together the following night. We would order individually from the menu, and would pay for the bottles of wine, but we would have a table to ourselves, like that night. We all said YES!, as it appeared everyone enjoyed each other's company and no one monopolized any of the conversations. Though the table is oblong whatever was being discussed at one end of the table, the people made sure that those of us at the other end was included in the discussion/conversation. That is, if we were interested; and we generally were.

I really want to do the Chef's Table for our upcoming cruise on June 20th to Alaska. We are not elite nor do we have a suite so we won't get on early. Trying to push my husband to get us to the port early so we have a chance, I've read countless positive reviews. But my husband sees no reason to be at the port before 11am. He says if it is meant to be we will get it. Dang he frustrates me!! This is our 30th wedding anniversary!! Happy wife happy life. He's being a brat. I still have 15 days to work on him.

You don't have to be elite or in a suite to get in especially if you are celebrating a special day during the cruise. Just let them know this when you put your name on the waiting list. The maitre d' makes the final selection. Worked for me.

How exactly is a ship damaged in Ketchikan the fault of the OP? Her issue is trying to have a special dinner for a special anniversary. :rolleyes: It is a different cruise line and she wasn't driving!

How exactly is a ship damaged in Ketchikan the fault of the OP? Her issue is trying to have a special dinner for a special anniversary. :rolleyes: It is a different cruise line and she wasn't driving!

Thanks for sticking up for me.

... snip ...

Agreed - with 5 sea days, chances are good they will hold more than 1 if the there is demand. Do check in with the Maitre D' at the times listed in the Patter for dining changes.

On our Grand to Hawaii there were 3 Chef's Tables, and a 4th "private" one was pending but the group didn't get enough people to attend.

Your enthusiasm is heartening, have a great cruise!