Are children allowed to eat lunch at the Aqua Spa Cafe?

Flygirl1999

2013 on the Reflection, and the last 2 Nov's on the Equinox there were families eating together at one of the tables on all 3 cruises. The rudeness was people playing cards at one of them for hours an hours.

But as mentioned before, the menu options are very limited, 1 fish, 1 chicken, mainly salad and fruit combos, with a couple of soups.

Lunch menu: http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/menu/AS_menu_1.pdf

Breakfast: http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/menu/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_Breakfast.pdf

Why is it rude for people to play cards at a table in the solarium, no matter how long? It's right at the pool.

This area is restricted to adults only. There are very few areas that are. Kids on board never bother me, unless they behave poorly. However, they should not be allowed where they are restricted from going.

Why is it rude for people to play cards at a table in the solarium, no matter how long? It's right at the pool.

This area is restricted to adults only. There are very few areas that are. Kids on board never bother me, unless they behave poorly. However, they should not be allowed where they are restricted from going.

It is rude because there are only (maybe at the most...i think less) 10 tables to eat at, and when there is a marathon game going on over lunch hour it is not very considerate.

It is rude because there are only (maybe at the most...i think less) 10 tables to eat at, and when there is a marathon game going on over lunch hour it is not very considerate.

Yes, exactly.

There are rarely any vacancies to sit for a meal, because of people who encamp for the entire day. I see it every cruise, every line.

Card / domino / mah jong players, readers, chatters, or just plain squatters who do not want to be in their cabin.

Not in a food venue, please!

Due to this, and the unappetizing fact of sweaty people lounging all around you, solarium food bars are, to me, grab and go locations.

So I'm sure the kid and his parent could grab and take something to a better location to relax and enjoy the meal.

Honestly, I don't see it as rude at all. The tables in the solarium are not just for use by those eating. This is a poolside area and playing cards, reading, sitting to enjoy the area, and/or sitting until a lounge comes available are all acceptable uses.

Honestly, I don't see it as rude at all. The tables in the solarium are not just for use by those eating. This is a poolside area and playing cards, reading, sitting to enjoy the area, and/or sitting until a lounge comes available are all acceptable uses.

let's take a poll and see what fellow cruisers think about taking up tables in a dining area, used to eat a meal, with card players during lunch.

I would hope that most would think that during times the restaurant is open that those tables would be better used by diners than card players.

But I have been wrong before!

let's take a poll and see what fellow cruisers think about taking up tables in a dining area, used to eat a meal, with card players during lunch.

I would hope that most would think that during times the restaurant is open that those tables would be better used by diners than card players.

But I have been wrong before!

You imply that I should have to retreat indoors to play cards or a game etc. That's unacceptable. Rude is when people put their personal things on a lounger to "save it" and then go sit at a table to eat. Your behind can only be in one place at a time!

You imply that I should have to retreat indoors to play cards or a game etc. That's unacceptable. Rude is when people put their personal things on a lounger to "save it" and then go sit at a table to eat. Your behind can only be in one place at a time!

I wouldn't walk into the main dining room and take up a table to play games. That is what someone is doing if they take up the very limited tables at the Aqua Spa Cafe.

I never called it rude...I would call it inconsiderate.

I wouldn't walk into the main dining room and take up a table to play games. That is what someone is doing if they take up the very limited tables at the Aqua Spa Cafe.

I never called it rude...I would call it inconsiderate.

Rude or inconsiderate...same thing. I would never go into the MDR to play cards or a game, because the only purpose of the MDR is for dining, or even the buffet for that matter. That is not the same as the tables at the mast grill or in the solarium. In that case the tables serve multiple purposes because of where they are. The lounges are often "taken". Why should I abandon my enjoyment of the solarium just because the only seating is at a table?

Rude or inconsiderate...same thing. I would never go into the MDR to play cards or a game, because the only purpose of the MDR is for dining, or even the buffet for that matter. That is not the same as the tables at the mast grill or in the solarium. In that case the tables serve multiple purposes because of where they are. The lounges are often "taken". Why should I abandon my enjoyment of the solarium just because the only seating is at a table?

I will make this my final comment on this thread (i don't see it getting any where)...If you want to sit at a dining table and play cards, you obviously will, and won't bat an eye that I can't sit in same dining area to eat my lunch...

I would NEVER take a dining table away from someone to play games, but that is just me. I am a considerate person. I would eat my lunch and then be on my way.

Hi

On our last cruise, we often played mahjong at the tables in the Aqua Spa café. However, we packed up our set during the lunch time to free tables for the people wishing to eat there (we often ate there, too.) So, we played our game from 9:30 to noon and 1:30 to 4:00. The game room was always full of bridge players, and this was really the only choice we had.

Hope this helps you understand.

Warmly,

Liz

You will often see cards (information cards, not playing cards) on the tables asking that those who are playing games in the Solarium please give up the tables to those who wish to eat there. Occasionally I have even seen similar messages in the Buffet area.

Hi

On our last cruise, we often played mahjong at the tables in the Aqua Spa café. However, we packed up our set during the lunch time to free tables for the people wishing to eat there (we often ate there, too.) So, we played our game from 9:30 to noon and 1:30 to 4:00. The game room was always full of bridge players, and this was really the only choice we had.

Hope this helps you understand.

Warmly,

Liz

You are obviously a considerate person. I have an issue with people who take up the limited tables at meal times, not those who use them at other times. My other (off topic) problem is with those who play cards in Cafe al Bacchio for hours on end when coffee drinkers cannot get tables.

Hi all,

I originally emailed Celebrity my original question regarding "can kids eat at the aqua spa cafe"?, and received an answer today from customer service. See below...........

"Thank you for your email regarding children eating in the Aqua Spa Café, There are no restrictions for children. Please be aware that the Aqua Spa Café only serves breakfast and lunch.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard and hope you have a great vacation. Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises and have a fantastic day!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Representative

Trade Support & Service - Celebrity Cruises

Consumer Website: http://www.celebritycruises.com

[quote name='Flygirl1999']Hi all,

I originally emailed Celebrity my original question regarding "can kids eat at the aqua spa cafe"?, and received an answer today from customer service. See below...........

"Thank you for your email regarding children eating in the Aqua Spa Café, There are no restrictions for children. Please be aware that the Aqua Spa Café only serves breakfast and lunch.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard and hope you have a great vacation. Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises and have a fantastic day!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Representative
Trade Support & Service - Celebrity Cruises
Consumer Website: [url]http://www.celebritycruises.com[/url][/QUOTE]

Well there we go! Thanks for getting with Celebrity and coming to let us know.
EW