What's a 'normal' time for turndown?

AdoraBelle

Out of all the forums I post on, this is the only one where one has a pretty high chance of being criticized for posting about the topic the forum ostensibly exists to discuss. It's a pretty interesting phenomenon. Especially when people have to go out of their way to deliberately misunderstand questions in order to get their little "why are you bothering to post about it here" stabs in.

You guys are extraordinarily weird.

What's really weird is someone comes here to complain when they could easily stick their head out in the hallway to find and talk to their steward about what you would like and expect.[emoji57]

Maybe OP can enlighten us :confused: on how / what else we can help with more details like "things got worse ... but have improved a bit"

Was / is RS aware of OP's preference and wishes ... they don't get in-service training on how to acquire fortune telling skills or read minds. Communicating directly with the person is usually all that is needed. If there is a service issue. In the middle of the night or if the RS is off-duty, etc. - we've called Guest Services to request help or immediate "attention".

HD (Hotel Director) usually has a suggestion/mail box for guests to drop off notes, comments, etc. during the cruise and sometimes/often, it's not unusual for a supervisor to respond or for the HD or Asst HD to get involved.

Sorry, while I can understand OP being disappointed in not getting her/his expectations met ... I do not see anyone here responding in a "weird" manner and nothing extraordinarily, everyone being helpful and offering constructive suggestions.

Of course, opinions are subjective. Have a nice day. It's not a perfect world we lived in, to get upset at every turn.

Edited by mking8288

Out of all the forums I post on, this is the only one where one has a pretty high chance of being criticized for posting about the topic the forum ostensibly exists to discuss. It's a pretty interesting phenomenon. Especially when people have to go out of their way to deliberately misunderstand questions in order to get their little "why are you bothering to post about it here" stabs in.

You guys are extraordinarily weird.

Hi OP,

It does get weird here on CC sometimes; often an OP gets ostracized for asking a question or expressing an opinion. If you notice, it is also usually the same people who give an OP hard time. I thought you asked a very good question versus disturbing your RS with your own agenda which he/she may or may not be able to accommodate.

IMHO service on a ship does vary from cruise to cruise an cruise line to cruise line. Recently I have been on a couple of NCL cruises and did not see my RS until 1/2 way through. I did not know their name until then either; any calls to the RS and housekeeping were met with the 'we are busy' message. Not blaming the RS or housekeeping at all but trying to hunt them down to have a talk with them is time consuming and can take away from my vacation time.

Service has changed on NCL, IMHO, but we go with the flow and appreciate what the overworked RS does for us. Can't imagine a RS trying to keep everyone of his rooms and everyone's schedule straight; talk about difficult.

Safe sailing all! :)