Price drop after final payment?

luvcruisn'

I am currently booked on the Konigsdam transatlantic, leaving on Oct. 24. I have noticed that there are a lot of unsold cabins - mainly insides and verandahs. Is it likely that prices would drop after final payment, to get more cabins sold? I am paying the single supplement, and our Canadian dollar is worth less than it used to be. I am already booked in a guarantee inside cabin, and where my cabin eventually is doesn't matter to me very much. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sorry to say but once final payment is made, it is rare that you would get a refund; have seen it happen only once and it was a decrease in the single supplement on a long cruise. If you watch and notice any drop, you can have your TA or you can call HAL and work on getting additional OBC. Even though you see unsold cabins, there may be many like you with a guarantee who have not been assigned a cabin quite yet.

You truely never know what will happen on pricing after final payment. Often they do go down, but sometimes they even go up! It depends on how well the ship is selling out of course.

Has your dollar gone down since you booked? If so, your fare might go up if you cancel and rebook.

If prices drop after final and there are cabins available in a higher level than your guarantee which are then selling for about what you paid, your best bet IMHO would be to ask that your guarantee level be upgraded.

It really depends on the pricing that you currently have.

About five days or so prior to final payment check to see if they still have lots of cabins available. If so, I would cancel and rebook inside the final payment window. We have done this before-very successfully. There is always a risk though.

In concert with this, you could see what the competition pricing is. Might give you an idea of where the prices are going.

Edited by iancal

Just remember that if you cancel and rebook any booking incentives that applied to your original booking will go away. (Onboard credits, Pinnacle dinner, etc.) They won't always be applicable to the new booking.

Edited by jhannah