Carnival Legend - only 1 main dining room?

ABQrobin

So does that mean that YourTimeDining and SetTime people are intermingled? How do they handle that? Is there a separate entrance for each and designated tables for each? Long lines?

We leave in 1 week.... so excited!

So does that mean that YourTimeDining and SetTime people are intermingled? How do they handle that? Is there a separate entrance for each and designated tables for each? Long lines?

Yes there is only one dining room on the Legend. Part of the upper level is reserved for your time dining. I think you enter from the upper level, but not sure as we never have done it.

It is a 2 story restaurant. There will be information in the Fun Times as to which entrance to use for ATD (deck 2 or 3) for easiest access.

Impossible to say if there will belong lines. Like any restaurant, sometimes you wait and sometimes you don't. They will give you a beeper if the wait is any length of time.

We did the Legend in 2014 and yes, one dining room but two levels like the others have said.

One is YTD and one is Set Time.

Have fun..we are back on her July 12. She is my favorite ship!! :)

Just off Legend.

Upper level was YTD, lower for reserved.

We did YTD (2 people) and were able to walk right in and be seated all our nights. They sat us at tables for two.

Interesting:

On our first Elegant Night they had a waiter sing rather than the normal dancing crew members. The Captain was also seated in the lower level with a group of VIPs for dinner (maybe he doesn't like the dancing??).

Long lines depend on the mix of pax. Did three cruises on the Miracle recently. Each cruise had a different 'sweet spot' for lines.

Sometimes you can be seated faster if you are willing to be seated anywhere. Met some wonderful people sharing tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there

We had the YTD. It was on the 3rd deck.

We were always seated at a table for two, they never asked if wanted to sit at a larger table.

We never had to wait. We always went early in the evening. We only ate there on 5 nights. We never saw long lines waiting. We would see an occasional couple being given a pager.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Thanks everyone! This does help to know. It hadn't even occurred to me until last night that there was only one dining room...

We have YourTime dining and like to eat early so it sounds like we will be fine.

Thanks everyone! This does help to know. It hadn't even occurred to me until last night that there was only one dining room...

We have YourTime dining and like to eat early so it sounds like we will be fine.

I know each sailing is different, but please come back and give a report on how it went? I have never did Yourtime dining but thinking this might be our best option for Alaska.

I know each sailing is different, but please come back and give a report on how it went? I have never did Yourtime dining but thinking this might be our best option for Alaska.

We did YourTime dining our first two cruises with no problems but it was full for out last cruise so we had to take the early assigned seating. Our table mates were nice enough, but one couple were Cheers drunks and anther couple complained about the itinerary change (due to hurricane, duh) every night as well as complaining about how expensive the excursions were. Another couple came in late first two nights so they got switched to late seating. We found the assigned table okay, but as I said, our table mates seemed to wear on us by the end of the week.

YourTime dining you can get set at a small table or ask for a bigger one. We did a little of each, so if our table mates were issues, we always had someone new the next night. I guess if you are going with more than just 2 people it might be different, but it was pretty hit or miss for us.

Service was really exactly the same regardless, waiters all good to fantastic. All waiters friendly... So I really don't see a difference except the luck of the draw with table mates.

Edited by ABQrobin