Is 10 days enough for Panamal Canal

havaneselover

We have reservations to do the full transit a second time.

I read Path Between the Seas before going and it really enhanced the experience.

Yes, going through the locks is like watching paint dry but I loved it.

I don't have much good to say about Princess but I will give them credit for doing a good job with their onboard talks about the canal. There was a lot of interesting information given.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's a shame - gorgeous island and wonderful people...
It's the only place I've felt unsafe. I'm sure there are many wonderful people there, but I'll stay on the ship next time we're there as well. There are travel advisories for Jamaica issued by the U.S. State Department, Amnesty International, and the Human Rights Watch.

I'm really sorry you've had a bad experience. The people at the all inclusive resort we stayed at in Jamaica also were unhappy when they left the resort grounds. I think they were wandering around an outdoor market by themselves, and they felt the vendors were very aggressive, and they also didn't like people coming up to them on a public beach trying to sell things.

My family had a wonderful experience touring Jamaica, and what we saw of the island felt quite safe. We booked private tours and visited waterfalls and tubing and Scotchies the first time, and took our 3 year old to Dolphin's Cove the second time we visited Jamaica on a cruise. Based on the experiences other people at the resort reported, I wouldn't say it is an island you would want to wander around by yourself with kids, but if you have an organized tour you can have a wonderful time. The parts of Jamaica we visited felt quite safe, as did Cartagena.

Edited by kitkat343

It's the only place I've felt unsafe. I'm sure there are many wonderful people there, but I'll stay on the ship next time we're there as well. There are travel advisories for Jamaica issued by the U.S. State Department, Amnesty International, and the Human Rights Watch.

That is your choice, of course. Just for others who read this thread we felt very comfortable staying in Jamaica. We toured from Negril to Ocho Rios and there are some areas you are more careful in, just as anywhere.