Hotel Suggestion - Ft Lauderdale Area

ssolomon56

My DH and I will be arriving at FLL 6pm on Sept 9 from SFO for the Sept 11 departure on Allure of the Seas. I'm trying to decide on a hotel and I'd LOVE some suggestions.

I'm looking for a place that's really nice (min 3-1/2 stars) and would love for it to have something really cool going on....view, character....abience...whatever. We will be renting a car, it doesn't need to be next to the port. We plan to return the car to the airport the morning of the cruise and take a taxi to the port. I'd like to keep it under $150 per night.

I'm seeing lots of things on Trivago....but thought some of you might have some suggestions for "hidden gems".

Thanks!

September is still low season in south Florida and there are great rates to be had. Just be aware that many of hotels charge a parking fee. Looking only at TripAdvisor for your dates and budget, I see:

• Snooze Inn - simple and small but directly across from the beach and includes free parking (unheard of along the beach; most hotels charge $20+ per night for parking) and gets excellent reviews for $99/night plus $11 per day taxes/fees
  • GalleryOne Suites (Doubletree) right on the intracoastal with its own water taxi stop (http://www.watertaxi.com) and walking distance to the beach for $106 plus $12 taxes/fees plus $30/day parking.
  • The Riverside (mentioned above) for $119 plus $14 day taxes/fees plus $21/day parking - fantastic location if you want to be downtown and on the New River.
  • The Bahia Mar (Doubletree) is right across the street from the beach and has it's own pedestrian bridge to the beach. It also backs up on the intracoastal. It is listed at $119 plus $13 taxes/fees plus $25 parking per day.

All of these hotels have been mentioned frequently (with the exception of Snooze Inn since it is so small there are fewer reviews) on this board - do a search on each hotel to read comments and recommendations.

The Diplomat is lovely but looks to be out of your desired price range (I'm seeing $156/night plus $46 per night taxes/fees plus $26/night parking).

Edited by capriccio

I don't recommend the GalleryOne doubletree. The price is way too high for what you get and the rooms and service are very inconsistent. Our last stay was pretty bad. The room and furniture was old and not well maintained, it was not very clean. The final straw, heading into the bedroom late at night ready to sleep, turn on the light and see a roach scurry across the wall behind the bed. Yuck. Too many better options available.

The Riverside Hotel - Historic hotel right in the middle of beautiful Las Olas Boulevard, a palm tree and live oak lined street with tons of shopping, dining and attractions. It is also a stop on the water taxi.

The Pillars Hotel - A Small Luxury Boutique hotel down on the beach. Gorgeous and the restaurant is fantastic. Also a water taxi stop.

http://www.pillarshotel.com/

http://www.riversidehotel.com

http://www.WaterTaxi.com

We are fans of some of the properties affiliated with North Beach Village...previously have stayed at TropiRock and Cocobelle with a return to TropiRock next spring. Great rates, close to the beach, Galleria Mall and Beach Place. We also love that they have self serve laundry facilities so we can begin our cruise vacation with clean clothes. They are several other properties, but these are our favorites.

The Pillars is often recommended here and I like the location but every time I check it cost upwards of $220 before taxes and parking.

Snooze is one of my new faves because I like the rates, the location, the under cover free parking (tight however) and the pink Water Shuttle has a whistle stop nearby on Seville. Hope to stay there in a week or two.

Edited by SteerageJoe

The OP is asking for a MINIMUM of 3 1/2 stars. Some of these suggestions are not even three stars.

I forgot to mention the Lago Mar. GORGEOUS oceanfront resort.

http://www.LagoMar.com

The OP has a budget of under $150 per night which I assume include taxes and parking. Otherwise I agree with you! The answer may be further away from the Port area.

Edited by SteerageJoe

For good hotels, add in parking and/or resort fees. I would just book something you can find at the beach that meets your criterion. Or Riverside Hotel downtown. There are often deals to be had in September at Pelican Grand, Lago Mar, Westin, W, Diplomat, Hilton, B Ocean, and Atlantic. Ritz Carlton, Marriott, Marriott Harbor Beach and Margaritaville will be too costly.

Edited by royalcruz