HELP! Sailing in 2 weeks...first timer!

gpgirl

Can't find info I need on MSC website...not much of a shocker! But I have some questions.

Sailing with 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 13 and 10). Fantastica experience. (I have only sailed with Carnival and NCL.

1) Do we sign kids up for kids club when we first arrive on ship like other cruise lines?

2) Do we sign kids up for cooking and language classes offered with Fantastica experience?

3) Do we reserve show/entertainment like other lines. My hubby is huge Michael Jackson fan and I have seen video of this show on Divina. Will we need advanced reservations for this?

4) We have dining time of 5:30-6:30pm. Will this info be given to us upon check in at the port. Do we just show up at main dining venue or do we rotate? (can you tell we are very used to NCL freestyle?)

5) Is there an adults only area/pool?

6) How many formal nights on a 7 night cruise? Which nights are they offered?

7) How do we match our current Carnival loyalty status?

8) I have read that some people have drink vouchers with their Fantastica Experience...I don't see this info anywhere. Maybe it was a special promotion?

Anything else you can think of that would be of help...I thank you so much...kinda freaking out a bit over here!

I'll try to help you first timer

1.Yes,sign them up

2.yes again

3.No reservations needed.

4.Really can't answer because we were YC, but it should be on your Sea Pass.

5. 2nd and 6th nights

6.There is a loyalty match form on the website. If you can't find it, call, and they will e-mail you one. They may even be able to do it, but I don't know.

7. That is on the website. It's under the extras. Look up drink packages, and the vouchers are on there. It's $84.00 for a 18 coupon book,if you book in advance. If you wait till you board, the will add 18% for tips.

I hope I've been of some help.

Can't find info I need on MSC website...not much of a shocker! But I have some questions.

Sailing with 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 13 and 10). Fantastica experience. (I have only sailed with Carnival and NCL.

1) Do we sign kids up for kids club when we first arrive on ship like other cruise lines? Can't help with this one :(

2) Do we sign kids up for cooking and language classes offered with Fantastica experience? I also had Fantastica experience and was never saw the cooking class offered. The language class consisted of one sheet of paper with the most popular words in Italian and a member of the staff pronouncing them for you. It was fine for what it was.

3) Do we reserve show/entertainment like other lines. My hubby is huge Michael Jackson fan and I have seen video of this show on Divina. Will we need advanced reservations for this? The shows on MSC will be very different format than NCL that you are used to. Every night there will be a different show. They will run the show twice (7:00 and 9:00 on my sailing. Absolutely no need for reservations (loved it!). Arrive early for best seats. They even had a little bit of comedy audience interaction prior to the shows to pass the time.

4) We have dining time of 5:30-6:30pm. Will this info be given to us upon check in at the port. Do we just show up at main dining venue or do we rotate? (can you tell we are very used to NCL freestyle?) Again, this is going to be very different than NCL. Sounds like you have the early time. On my sailing it was either 5:30 or 5:45 (can't remember exactly, Radio's dailies have the current time). You will show up to your assigned table at that time for the entire duration of the cruise. Absolutely no freestyle (unless you select buffet). This is more reminiscent of cruising days of the past.

5) Is there an adults only area/pool? No adult only pool. You can pay for the adult only solarium on Deck 18 and it has a hot tub and shower.

6) How many formal nights on a 7 night cruise? Which nights are they offered?

7) How do we match our current Carnival loyalty status?

8) I have read that some people have drink vouchers with their Fantastica Experience...I don't see this info anywhere. Maybe it was a special promotion? It is a promotion starting in 2017. However, you can purchase 18 drink vouchers for $84.00 which is very reasonable when compared to other cruise lines.

Anything else you can think of that would be of help...I thank you so much...kinda freaking out a bit over here!My advice is to know that this is going to be different than NCL. Roll with the flow. In my opinion, the Divina is superior in some aspects, inferior in others. Remember that you paid significantly less and that should help keep perspective. Have fun!

Answers above in red :)

1) Do we sign kids up for kids club when we first arrive on ship like other cruise lines?

2) Do we sign kids up for cooking and language classes offered with Fantastica experience?

3) Do we reserve show/entertainment like other lines.

...kinda freaking out a bit over here!

You will get a sheet with all of the activities for the entire week on the first day when you go to the kids club to check them in.

The "cooking class" (Doremi chef) is towards the end of the cruise. Don't expect them to learn how to make veal scaloppine Marsala [emoji23]. It's a fun activity at one of the lounges where, on our cruise, a chef taught the kids how to make dough. After that, the music starts playing and the kids are sent to tables to roll their own dough. It gets messy (on purpose) real fast with flour flying everywhere. I should've known what was going to happen when I walked in and they had plastic tarps on the floor.[emoji848]

No reservations for dinner or shows. MSC runs things in a more traditional way (think of the way things used to be before anytime dining or freestyle).

Go with an OPEN mind. MSC is NOT Carnival or NCL. They have their own flavor and they cater to a much more international clientele, so things will not be quite like what you're used to. Don't let the little things bother you. They may not replenish your water glass as often, the service staff may not approach you unless you summon them. Many of these differences are cultural and some Americans throw a fit over them and don't allow themselves to enjoy what MSC has to offer. As mentioned above, it's a more traditional experience. We heard people complaining about how much MSC sucked when we shared a van in St. Maarten and how they were going back to Carnival. But we didn't agree with this sentiment.

Edited by Tapi

We heard people complaining about how much MSC sucked when we shared a van in St. Maarten and how they were going back to Carnival. But we didn't agree with this sentiment.

On my last cruise, people from other ships were asking me what the Divina was! There were like, what in the world is MSC? They were all so curious about it and commented how beautiful she was. I hope I convinced some of them to try it. Hey, for half the price, why not? :D:D