Empress of the Seas 06/11 Review - Pics!

Hello everyone! Me (30) DH (36) DS (11) DD (7) will be embarking on our very first cruise this Saturday. I will be doing a full review once we get back (I will not have internet on the ship). We will be in a Forward facing OV cabin with 2 Pullman beds & 2 twin beds.

Pre-Cruise:

We will be taking a Limo from our house in Indiana to the airport. We will be flying in to FLL tomorrow! We will be staying at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside Mall. We will be arriving in the afternoon and will be utilizing a driver to get us to the hotel (I do not like dealing with rental cars :p). We then plan on having lunch at Bubba Gump as we never got to while we were in Cancun. After that we just plan to swim and chill all day.

Itinerary:

Day 1: Embarkation :)

Day 2: Sea Day

Day 3: Grand Cayman - We will be taking a taxi to public beach. Then eating lunch at The Hard Rock.

Day 4: Sea Day

Day 5: Key West - We plan on hitting the Aquarium then eating lunch on Duval Street.

Day 6: Disembarkation :(

If you have any questions (especially in regards to kids) don't hesitate to ask. I will post a ton of pictures when we get back.

I will be getting on the day you get off. Hopefully, most of the big issues will have been resolved by then. We are taking some card games, etc to keep us busy. We are also taking a fan as I like it cold to sleep. Hoping by taking these we won't need them.

Enjoy your cruise, I have definitely been hearing of some improvements.

Sharpie,

If you have a moment, I'd like a picture, please. According to a cruise compass someone had posted earlier, the cigar area is on deck six aft, right behind Boleros. Can you take a quick picture of that area.

Thanks,

And have a great cruise!

Loriann

We are onboard 6/11 too! I hope the A/C and food issues have been resolved. Surely two weeks is enough time to smooth things out.

(Royal Caribbean do you hear me?)

We are planning to make the best of whatever comes our way.

Enjoy Key West; it is a very easy town to walk.

I might suggest looking up the Keys Eco Discovery Center. It is FREE. You might find the aquarium a bit underwhelming (it is very small).

Definitely get some chocolate covered Key Lime Pie on a Stick!

Have a great vacation, hope it all works out for you.

Hello everyone! Me (30) DH (36) DS (11) DD (7) will be embarking on our very first cruise this Saturday. I will be doing a full review once we get back (I will not have internet on the ship). We will be in a Forward facing OV cabin with 2 Pullman beds & 2 twin beds.

Pre-Cruise:

We will be taking a Limo from our house in Indiana to the airport. We will be flying in to FLL tomorrow! We will be staying at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside Mall. We will be arriving in the afternoon and will be utilizing a driver to get us to the hotel (I do not like dealing with rental cars :p). We then plan on having lunch at Bubba Gump as we never got to while we were in Cancun. After that we just plan to swim and chill all day.

Itinerary:

Day 1: Embarkation :)

Day 2: Sea Day

Day 3: Grand Cayman - We will be taking a taxi to public beach. Then eating lunch at The Hard Rock.

Day 4: Sea Day

Day 5: Key West - We plan on hitting the Aquarium then eating lunch on Duval Street.

Day 6: Disembarkation :(

If you have any questions (especially in regards to kids) don't hesitate to ask. I will post a ton of pictures when we get back.

I highly recommend Blue Heaven for lunch while in Key West. Not on Duval but a few blocks off of it. So delicious! If they are still serving the breakfast menu, the BLT (Bacon, Lobster, Tomato) Eggs Benedict is AMAZING!

Either "No news is good news" or total failure of satellite communications on board.

The 12th was a sea day, 13th Grand Cayman.

OP stated she would not have internet on board, maybe we will hear from her while she is in Key West.

• 3 weeks later...