Majesty vs Enchantment

We have to fly either way, but it is nice to get a consensus on which would be better to take his parents on their first cruise.

If you are flying in, even though I am partial to Port Canaveral ;), I would go with

flying into Ft. Lauderdale or Miami since Orlando is so much further away from the

port than either of the others.

You can actually see the airport in Ft. Lauderdale from the deck of the cruise

ships.

Enchantment all the way!!!! We love to sit on the balcony, even on short cruises, but Majesty only has balcony cabins if you book a Jr Suite or full suite. As mentioned above, there is no Solarium, no specialty restaurants, unless you consider Johnny Rockets one.

I will be on Majesty in Sept with a group of ladies that always has done 3 or 4 night quick cruise get away, but I think this may be the last year. They all like to have balcony cabins, love relaxing in the solarium and Chops one night.

The group is going, but doubt it will happen again next year simply because of this ship. A different quick get away is in planning stages and it doesn't include Majesty.

No question at all which is the best ship, Enchantment! Royal did not do us a favor up in north Fl when they moved it south, but I do envy persons in Miami since they got a great ship.

Hi all,

My husband and I are debating taking his parents for their first cruise in 2017. I've been on both Majesty and Enchantment, and he has only been on Enchantment. They both have the same itinerary, with similar date ranges.

My question is this; what would be better for their first cruise? My first cruise was on Majesty in 2007 and I loved it. The things on board are a bit hazy since it's been nine years. But we went on Enchantment in 2014 and loved every second. We were never bored.

Any thoughts and opinions?

My thing is we want to do a shorter cruise as their first time, since we don't know if they will like it, and we don't want to overwhelm them with one of the larger and newer ships. Any help would be great! :)

While we have taken 30 cruises on Majesty I totally vote for Enchantment. So excited she is down in Miami now as we live in Ft Myers so closer for us to go out of Miami for short cruises. I love everything about Enchantment. Love the pools, layout, etc. Just something about that ship. We have 4 booked on here in the next 5 months.

We were just on Majesty and had a great time. However I missed Chops and especially the Park Cafe, which Enchantment has but Majesty doesn't.

We have enjoyed both ships.

Edited by jr1946