Majesty vs Enchantment

Hi all,

My husband and I are debating taking his parents for their first cruise in 2017. I've been on both Majesty and Enchantment, and he has only been on Enchantment. They both have the same itinerary, with similar date ranges.

My question is this; what would be better for their first cruise? My first cruise was on Majesty in 2007 and I loved it. The things on board are a bit hazy since it's been nine years. But we went on Enchantment in 2014 and loved every second. We were never bored.

Any thoughts and opinions?

My thing is we want to do a shorter cruise as their first time, since we don't know if they will like it, and we don't want to overwhelm them with one of the larger and newer ships. Any help would be great! :)

Enchantment. No doubt. More venues and it has the Solarium pool for adults to rest and relax. Majesty's only pool has been cut in half for children. Enchantment has specialty restaurant Chops. Just my opinion regarding the ships as the itinerary is the same I believe.

Enchantment. No doubt. More venues and it has the Solarium pool for adults to rest and relax. Majesty's only pool has been cut in half for children. Enchantment has specialty restaurant Chops. Just my opinion regarding the ships as the itinerary is the same I believe.

I had some of those thoughts too. I thought Majesty may not be what my husband would want since he LOVED Chops. Thanks for the opinion :)

Hi all,

My question is this; what would be better for their first cruise?

I vote for Enchantment by a bazillion miles in my humble opinion.

Much much nicer decks/public space, MDR, theater, Centrum... everything way nicer

Have a great cruise! :D

My wife and I spent our honeymoon back in August of 2009 on the Enchantment and loved it. It was our 1st time cruising with RCI and since then we have cruised RCI 3 more times, including taking our 2 year old daughter on her 1st cruise on the Navigator this past March. So my vote is Enchantment[emoji3]

My wife and I spent our honeymoon back in August of 2009 on the Enchantment and loved it. It was our 1st time cruising with RCI and since then we have cruised RCI 3 more times, including taking our 2 year old daughter on her 1st cruise on the Navigator this past March. So my vote is Enchantment[emoji3]

Enchantment was our honeymoon too! :p

Thanks for the input :)

I've been on both and enjoyed them both, but I'd pick Enchantment over Majesty. Larger, nicer venues, wonderful Solarium pool, and Chops.

I was thinking that Majesty when it does the 4 day doesn't visit Keywest now that it is in Port Canaveral, am I wrong? Ironically was I was getting ready to post user KEYWESTK posts :D

Enchantment would be our choice too.

Just got off Majesty, does not normally cruise Key West. Different class of ship. Rooms are very small. No balconies except in Suites and from what I could tell, most suites booked through summer.

Majesty, because it has different style layout, is easy to get around and find your way. Overlooking the smaller cabins, the crew was outstanding. Some of the best us locals have experienced.

Having said that, we are booking future short cruises on the Enchantment due to availability of GS+. If Majesty were to have some GS open up on dates we could cruise, we wouldn't hesitate to book her for convenience.

Have a great cruise

Been on both recently and doing Majesty again in September.

We did Majesty just before her dry dock and had a wonderful time. Great crew and good food. Since she's now at PC we will probably sail her from time to time again in the future for the quick getaway trips.

We have done Enchantment several times recently and have always had great vacations aboard her and would not hesitate to sail her again. She does have a few more dining options than Majesty. The pool deck and Solarium (love the adults only Solariums :cool:) are a step above the pool deck on Majesty. I wish she were still at PC.

For a first time cruiser I would think Enchantment would make the better impression.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not cruised on Majesty but my first cruise was on her former sister ship Sovereign Of The Seas. I also have sailed on Enchantment and I am of a very small minority I'm sure that happens to like the Sovereign class better than the Vision class. It may be smaller but I really enjoyed that ship and whatever reason I just wasn't impressed with Enchantment. Don't get me wrong, I had an enjoyable cruise and the staff was great as always but I did not like the ship itself!

Imo. Its the crew that makes the ship. Enchantment crew is now with Majesty. Did I complicate it again??

Man, that does make it complicated.

I think I'm going to go with Enchantment only because my husband LOVES Chops Grille, and he is partial to the solarium. So I think he made the decision before he even asked me to look into it. :rolleyes:

Good choice. We're going on our 9th Annual Family Weekend Cruise in four days on Enchantment, even though we live in Orlando. It's a no-brainer for us. I think the difference in ships is well worth the longer drive to Miami.

Edited by clo6216

Good choice. We're going on our 9th Annual Family Weekend Cruise in four days on Enchantment, even though we live in Orlando. It's a no-brainer for us. I think the difference in ships is well worth the longer drive to Miami.

We have to fly either way, but it is nice to get a consensus on which would be better to take his parents on their first cruise.