Flowers in Seattle

getaway101

Yes, you certainly can. Although it may be hard to pick just one bouquet! You may also want to bring along your own vase. You might not be able to find anything on the ship that will work to keep them fresh for the week.

Yes you can! I have purchased flowers in pikes market on a number of occasions and carried them on board. The last Alaska cruise I did I bought many bouquets because we were traveling with a large group of people. I bought one large bouquet for each room, so I boarded the boat with a very large box of flowers. Many people thought I was doing a wedding. Truth is, it cost less for flowers for four rooms by carrying them in from pikes market then it did through the ship for one room. One word of caution, security will carefully search your bouquet of flowers to make sure you don't have any contraband in them.

You can definitely bring them on. The problem is that unless you can prove that they originated in the US' date=' you can't take them off.....but a week later they are not in any condition to take off anyhow.[/quote']

Flowers you buy in the market with be best for about a week, then it's time to toss'm. Also air travel with fresh flowers is a tricky endeavor at best.

You can definitely bring them on. The problem is that unless you can prove that they originated in the US' date=' you can't take them off[/color'].....but a week later they are not in any condition to take off anyhow.

You cannot take them off the ship no matter where they originated.

(And by the way, most flowers you purchase in the USA did not originate in the USA.)

(And by the way, most flowers you purchase in the USA did not originate in the USA.)

Bummer you can't take them off the ship, but nice that you can bring them on! I never thought you could. I like having flowers in the room. I usually order a deluxe bouquet and it lasts the entire trip

That is not entirely true. The flowers in Pikes are locally grown. My family started some of the first commercial nurseries in that area. They still exist.

That is not entirely true. The flowers in Pikes are locally grown. My family started some of the first commercial nurseries in that area. They still exist.

Your are right. Most of the flowers there are from local growers.

Just an idea for the flowers at Dollar Tree one can purchase a 'Flat Vase' in a package that will open up when water is added for the flowers...the cost is

$ 1.00 and it is great to use and throw away at the end of the cruise. I have about 3 to keep in my luggage just for this purpose. Easy to pack too. ;)

Just an idea for the flowers at Dollar Tree one can purchase a 'Flat Vase' in a package that will open up when water is added for the flowers...the cost is

$ 1.00 and it is great to use and throw away at the end of the cruise. I have about 3 to keep in my luggage just for this purpose. Easy to pack too. ;)

Oh how I wish we had a dollar tree near us. Wonder if the Dollar Store or Dollar General would have them :rolleyes::confused:

Thanks! I had no idea they had that type of vase.

Cheers, Denise