Is coffee served at afternoon tea?

Muckyduckway

I've searched this and other sites for enlightenment on coffee availability at the afternoon tea, but either my search technique is flawed or I haven't had enough coffee yet.

I had just assumed that it would be, but then read the CC article Best Afternoon Teas on Cruises and noticed that coffee was explictly mentioned on some lines and not on Oceania.

TIA

I've searched this and other sites for enlightenment on coffee availability at the afternoon tea, but either my search technique is flawed or I haven't had enough coffee yet.

I had just assumed that it would be, but then read the CC article Best Afternoon Teas on Cruises and noticed that coffee was explictly mentioned on some lines and not on Oceania.

TIA

Yes coffee is available or use the self serve machine in Horizons

You can also have sodas no charge or buy an alcoholic beverage if desired

TIA

YES, YES, and YES

There's more good news. You don't need to wait for afternoon tea to have your coffee and cake. Coffee and small cakes, though admittedly not as lovely as the selection at afternoon tea, are served until 6pm.

This is a treat and available every day. It does fill up quickly as the pastries are to die for. Usually the string quartet plays during teatime. I wish Oceania would either vary or eliminate the Twinings brand, though. There are other vendors whose teas are much more interesting and tasty.

There's more good news. You don't need to wait for afternoon tea to have your coffee and cake. Coffee and small cakes, though admittedly not as lovely as the selection at afternoon tea, are served until 6pm.

Barristas is not really the same experience as Afternoon IMO

;)

Barristas is not really the same experience as Afternoon IMO

;)

You're absolutely right, but if a person fancies a quick coffee and cake fix .....

And although it is indeed a different experience it can be very pleasant, on the smaller ships in particular, to sit quietly in the MDR bar enjoying a cup of coffee. Despite being a tea drinker at heart I appreciate Baristas.

This is a treat and available every day. It does fill up quickly as the pastries are to die for. Usually the string quartet plays during teatime. I wish Oceania would either vary or eliminate the Twinings brand, though. There are other vendors whose teas are much more interesting and tasty.

Couldn't agree more about the Twinings tea. It doesn't taste of anything.

You're absolutely right, but if a person fancies a quick coffee and cake fix .....

Do you mean real coffee :). We find the machine coffee in Horizons and Terrace to be rather poor compared to Baristas (IMHO :)).

Edited by PaulMCO

Do you mean real coffee :). We find the machine coffee in Horizons and Terrace to be rather poor compared to Baristas (IMHO :)).

Know what you mean. I was talking about Baristas - I just couldn't remember what the venue was called.

The worst cup of coffee I have ever hard was served to me on an Oceania ship, so I'm very grateful for the addition of Baristas :).

I think it depends on how the machine is programmed

On some of the ships the coffee is not bad from the auto machine other times it is dreadful ;)

At least they do not use that awful liquid stuff other lines use

Edited by LHT28

Pardon the Newbie comment, but I am to gather that they stop serving coffee after 6pm???

I believe Tea time in the Horizons lounge is served until 6pm and yes they do serve coffee.., Baristas cafe is open until later. After 9pm, when restaurants are closed, you have the option to order room service, free and anytime.:D....Also, suites and concierge rooms have access to the Concierge lounge where besides coffee they usually have little sandwiches, cookies too.

Barristas is open until 6pm maybe 6:30pm depending on the ship but all dining venues will get coffee for you

The self serve machine in Terrace is supposed to be available 24/7

Afternoon tea is 4-5pm