Dining room for 11 people

We booked a cruise for Sept way back in April 2015. Yep almost 18 months in advance. There are 11 of us so we wanted to make sure we had cabins together. We chose 6pm dining and were all linked together.

Does anyone think this will be a problem to have a table for 11? Is there a way I can find out ahead of time if in fact they are putting us together?

We just found out another 2 booked the cruise and they were wait listed for 6pm dining. Do you think there is any chance they will be able to get at a table with us? They gave my booking number when they booked..

Thanks for any input

We had a family group of 15 on one of our cruises. They were able to put two tables together for us. Either email your request in advance or go to the MDR upon boarding.

We didn't email ahead of time and they were able to accommodate us the next night.

I am not sure about the wait listed friends. Someone else here may have some insight on that. Have a great time!

I did not notice you have a travel agent helping out with the reservation process. We have travelled in a group several times and had always sat with our group for dining.

If you have a travel agent ask them to set up the group and eating schedule.

Then verify your reservations online show early dining and the connections. Remember TRUST BUT VERIFY. The day we get on board one person goes to the dining room and verifies with the rep there everything is ready....even ask to see the assigned table. The staff want your experience to be as nice as you want it.

If you dont have a travel agent then get on the phone to Royal. They will help.

Then the day you board go to the main dining room once the schedule says someone will be there and verify the arrangements. Ask to see the table. Count the seats.

We enjoy the group dining experience. We ask everyone to sit by someone different each night. One of the highlights of the cruise.

I know you will enjoy it.

If you have traditional seating, then you need to "link" your reservation numbers, so they know you're together. If you all have MTD, have someone make reservations...and then, whoever wants to dine together will show up at the dining room at the same time. Reservations are recommended for larger groups with MTD.

We booked a cruise for Sept way back in April 2015. Yep almost 18 months in advance. There are 11 of us so we wanted to make sure we had cabins together. We chose 6pm dining and were all linked together.

Does anyone think this will be a problem to have a table for 11? Is there a way I can find out ahead of time if in fact they are putting us together?

We just found out another 2 booked the cruise and they were wait listed for 6pm dining. Do you think there is any chance they will be able to get at a table with us? They gave my booking number when they booked..

Thanks for any input

About two weeks before your cruise send an e-mail to: rccldining@rccl.com and make this request.

About two weeks before your cruise send an e-mail to: rccldining@rccl.com and make this request.

The email of rcldining@rccl.com can be very helpful. HOWEVER, for them to be most helpful in YOUR situation, the couple that is going with you that has been wait listed, needs to be MOVED to Early Traditional Dining, and then rcldining@rccl.com can accommodate having your tables next to each other during dinner.

It would be my suggestion to have the guests that are on the wait list send an email to rcldining@rccl.com NOW, to have them moved to the Early Traditional Dining.

Then about 3 weeks prior to sailing, one of you should send an email to rcldining@rccl.com with the request to be seated with each other. In that email, provide them with all of the reservation numbers and make sure all the reservations are linked together.