July 11 Oosterdam ship excisions

sharonann24

HI,

DH and I are booked on the July 11 sailing of the Oosterdam and I am trying to decide on which excursions are best in the French ports. I would really like to go to Aix en Provence. We have booked the Florence/Pisa tour, and are thinking of doing our own thing in Spain. Which ship tours are the best bargain? We have onboard credit and since we already have our drink package and two specialty restaurant nights we are leaning towards using it for tours. But if anyone knows of a good shore tour that is not HAL I am also open to that as well.

"Best" is what interests you, not what we tell you it is. It is really hard, at least to us, to say we went on the cheapest excursions, but the sights didn't much interest us. That is a waste of time and money.

As commonly discussed on the Ports boards, some ports don't require excursions at all...walking around, taking public transportation or a taxi covers the area well. Or using a private tour, while perhaps more costly (depends on location and number in your group), is frequently a far more efficient and effective way to see some ports.

Hi,

I am on this cruise. We have a very active roll call, which will give you some good ideas. As the previous poster indicates - without knowing what you like it is difficult to recommend what is "best".