Oasis D2 Which "hump" Front or back?

We are looking at several D2 "hump" cabins on deck 12 on the Oasis. :confused:

Does it matter which hump or port or starboard Or is it just preference?

Which would be a better choice for you and why?

Have you been in or had any of these cabins?

Port side Front 12292, 1294, 1298, 12202

OR

Starboard side Front 12592, 12596, 12600, 12604

OR

Port side back 12238-12248

Any input would be VERY welcome! :D

Thanks

Side of the ship doesn't really matter...the captain will try and give equal time to each side of the ship, when possible. In port, you'll be in a harbor, with sights everywhere!

I'd rather be at the rear of the hump, but it really makes no difference!

We are in a JS direct hump (aft hump as the D1/D2 cabins are forward hump). But could only get that

bigger balcony on the port side this time.

When sailing out of PC, we usually like starboard side to watch the happy well wishers

wave Bon Voyage to us, and then as we turn southbound it is a better view to see the sunset

from your balcony. Also almost all of the time Oasis docks on the starboard side, which gives

you a good view of the pax doing the "walk of shame" when they come back late from port,

especially the show at Cozumel. :eek:

Edited by island lady

We are in a JS direct hump (aft hump as the D1/D2 cabins are forward hump). But could only get that

bigger balcony on the port side this time.

Oasis of the Seas Deck Plan and several CC reviews show that the Royal Suite has been replaced with cabins 12238 to 12248 which are D2 cabins. They are after the Junior Suites on the Port side of the ship.

Oasis of the Seas Deck Plan and several CC reviews show that the Royal Suite has been replaced with cabins 12238 to 12248 which are D2 cabins. They are after the Junior Suites on the Port side of the ship.

Interesting! Thanks, did not know that. :)

I am surprised they did not make them designated D1

cabins, rather than D2 as I am guessing they have bigger

balconies. Nice to have the added choices!

Edited by island lady

The rear hump might be more preferable because the rear elevator/stairs bank is convenient for the areas of the ship where you are more likely to "hang out". We were towards the forward elevator bank, and it was convenient to the solarium and to the theatre, but for everything else, we would go down to deck 8 and walk through Central Park to get to all the venues at the rear of the ship including dining. We still loved the front location, don't get me wrong, but this ship involves a lot of walking and I think being closer to the rear elevators would make getting around the ship more efficient.

The rear hump might be more preferable because the rear elevator/stairs bank is convenient for the areas of the ship where you are more likely to "hang out". We were towards the forward elevator bank, and it was convenient to the solarium and to the theatre, but for everything else, we would go down to deck 8 and walk through Central Park to get to all the venues at the rear of the ship including dining. We still loved the front location, don't get me wrong, but this ship involves a lot of walking and I think being closer to the rear elevators would make getting around the ship more efficient.

Maybe I need to book my next cabin as far forward as possible. I could sure use that

extra walking after that dessert from last night. :eek: :p

Actually our hump JS on deck 11 for this January is nicely convenient to the DL. ;)

Edited by island lady