Royal IQ - Is there a version for Tablet?

having trouble finding a Royal IQ app for my samsung tablet. The app in google play says "your device isn't compatible with this version." Is there another method I can install it without going to google play? Or, a version that will work? Is it only available for phone?

Edited by johnjen

Yeah, I have it working fine on my iphone. We bought this new tablet today (android) and I was trying to install it but was getting the message that the app isn't compatible with this device yet I know it actually IS compatible.

We'll probably just use it on my phone - we're taking the first step in releasing ourselves from apple.

Yeah, I have it working fine on my iphone. We bought this new tablet today (android) and I was trying to install it but was getting the message that the app isn't compatible with this device yet I know it actually IS compatible.

We'll probably just use it on my phone - we're taking the first step in releasing ourselves from apple.

http://apk4samsung.com/Free-Download_Royal-iQ_APK-for-Samsung.html

I use this app on my Samsung 10.5 s

Thank you so much! Apparently, the version found in the google play store isn't the right one. Working fine now, we'll see how this thing works once onboard!

This app works great on the ship...you can access everything from your tablet from booking dinner to entertainment. Enjoy your cruise!

We're on just after you!,

[flame on] This is a good thing. If you're switching from Apple to Android it's good to get used to incompatibility issues right from the start! [flame off] :D

<running and hiding behind Celisse>

I just wish the app was compatible with Allure. Have a large group that don't all want to buy WiFi and it would be nice to have IQ to communicate with (for the small fee)

[flame on] This is a good thing. If you're switching from Apple to Android it's good to get used to incompatibility issues right from the start! [flame off] :D

I just wish the app was compatible with Allure. Have a large group that don't all want to buy WiFi and it would be nice to have IQ to communicate with (for the small fee)

We as a family have been controlled with Apple - Dad in the UK loves his iPad and being able to Facetime us; same with my daughter in Belgium - all hooked on Apple.

But with recently realizing that their iOS upgrades deliberately become too large for the aged iPads, forcing us to go out and buy new tablets, and phones, with iTunes being so complicated where I'd prefer just being able to move mp3's instead of the iTune rigamarolls, and where they had the free iTunes radio and now you have to pay for it, I've decided to take the stand and move to Android. Apple is just becoming too greedy and too complicated to deal with anymore.

What do you mean not compatible with Allure? I've used Royal IQ onboard Allure of the Seas.

Also, and forgive my rant but it's a pet peeve 😀. Wifi is not Internet! Wifi is the method of access to the local network, in this case the onboard ship network. Onboard Royal anyone can access wifi free and use the IQ app or buy the $7 chat/txt between apps or to the local rooms without needing to buy an Internet package.

The voom Internet packages are to register your device for external access from the ship via satellite to the Internet.

What do you mean not compatible with Allure? I've used Royal IQ onboard Allure of the Seas.

Also, and forgive my rant but it's a pet peeve . Wifi is not Internet! Wifi is the method of access to the local network, in this case the onboard ship network. Onboard Royal anyone can access wifi free and use the IQ app or buy the $7 chat/txt between apps or to the local rooms without needing to buy an Internet package.

The voom Internet packages are to register your device for external access from the ship via satellite to the Internet.

I thought Royal IQ was only for Quantum class and Harmony, I wasn't aware that other ships could now use the app.

Need to find out what the Royal IQ is.

It´s an app. You can only use it onboard. Cruise Compass is availble and you can make reservations for restaurants or book shore tours. For a fee (used to be 7.95 USD for each participating person) you can send text messages to other app users.

steamboats

Just wondering if a paper version of the cruise compass is still in the cabins or if they now just post in on the tv and on Royal IQ.

Trees are still being killed on ships with Royal IQ - the app is just an alternate.

Edited by Biker19

I thought Royal IQ was only for Quantum class and Harmony, I wasn't aware that other ships could now use the app.

That is correct. Not on Allure. In fact, I have a friend on Allure right now and one of the first messages she sent me was to say it wasn't working there.