Booking back-to-back excursions in Juneau

autumncat

We're on the Solstice in July and we will be tendered in Juneau. We have the Tracey Arm fjord excursion booked which is from 8:30 to 1:30. Can we book another Celebrity excursion which begins at 2? What about 2:30?

I really wanted to book the whale watching tour with a private company but I am worried about what time we can get the tender since I'm assuming they hand out the tender tickets while we're on the Tracy Arm excursion.

Deb

Edited by autumncat

We're on the Solstice in July and we will be tendered in Juneau. We have the Tracey Arm fjord excursion booked which is from 8:30 to 1:30. Can we book another Celebrity excursion which begins at 2? What about 2:30?

I really wanted to book the whale watching tour with a private company but I am worried about what time we can get the tender since I'm assuming they hand out the tender tickets while we're on the Tracy Arm excursion.

Deb

Celebrity will let you know if you can't do this .

Deb

What is the Juneau port time? Tendering, with an afternoon arrival, does have LONG line and waits. Everyone is up and wants off the ship. The only way to securely book a whale watch around 2p is with the ship. There should be systems in place, on their booking engine with either allows you to book or not- if it goes through the time is acceptable. IF not it likely isn't. Check again when you get on board.

With you wanting to book independent- again, you don't state what your port time is? You likely need to look at one of the 3:30p tours, IF you are in port late?

• 5 months later...

Budget Queen, you have given me great information for my past Alaska cruises. Maybe you can help -

I am on the Emerald Princess.

August 2 - Tracy Armes - 5am-9am

I have Princess tour booked 7am-1:15pm

August 2 - Juneau - 12:30pm-10pm

I would like a whale watch tour after my Tracy Armes tour.

I looked at Harv and Mar tour, for my date their tour time is 1:30pm, which would be cutting it too close after the Tracy Armes tour encase they are late back.

Last time, I did whale watching it was through Orca Enterprises. Are they still around?

Is there another company you would recommend that would have a later time?

What is the Juneau port time? Tendering, with an afternoon arrival, does have LONG line and waits. Everyone is up and wants off the ship. The only way to securely book a whale watch around 2p is with the ship.

Or you can stay ashore for lunch and then go to the next trip. If you book the second excursion through the ship just let them know you will not need tender tickets and will meet them on the dock.