12 night or B2B?

We are sailing on the Jewel 9/27 from Vancouver. It is actually a pacific northwest 5 night to LA and a Mexican Riviera 7 night combined.

We booked it as the 12 night cruise and have the same cabin. I notice that there are 2 roll calls (one for each leg of the trip).

We opted for the UBP and are wondering how the turnaround day will work. Will our room key card have to be changed?

Thanks!

IF you booked it as a 12 day, you should have one key. Verify this when you get your key, has your disembark date on it. With NCL, I have noticed that with other itineraries, booking separate to be cheaper. The other advantage to booking separate- is double perks especially if you are platinum. With a single booking, even though the cruises could have been booked separately you still only get a single perk for the entire cruise. (at least has been in the past)

We did the same cruise in april/may to Vancouver.

We booked it as a 12 day cruise, like you did.

We were in one cabin, so don,t have to pack/unpack. Check your stateroomcard, for the date of disembarkation.

If you don,t change rooms, you don,t have to go to the second muster drill because your muster station is the same. On the last seaday of cruise part 1, there was explaining in the spinnaker lounge for all the B2B guests ,you can ask all you questions there.

On turnaround day we had " still on vacation " stickers. We left the ship around 9.30 am , took our passports with us and got tru customs . No excursions for us, so we went to visit the battleship USS Iowa. And when we came back, we could board again.

We both are platinum, and to my surprise we got our platinum letter 2 times

I hope I didn,t forgot anything

Have a nice trip.

Good point about double perks - would that apply to CAS tier perks also?

In order to do this as two bookings through CAS, you'd have to have two comps available to you. If you did book it as two separate comps you would have two separate bookings, and receive the tier perks for each individually.

Not sure I'd want to use up two comps for what is essentially one sailing, just to get double tier perks, though. I'd much rather save the second comp and use it for another cruise. :D

IF you booked it as a 12 day, you should have one key. Verify this when you get your key, has your disembark date on it. With NCL, I have noticed that with other itineraries, booking separate to be cheaper. The other advantage to booking separate- is double perks especially if you are platinum. With a single booking, even though the cruises could have been booked separately you still only get a single perk for the entire cruise. (at least has been in the past)

And if you book it as two cruises you can save an extra $125 by using two next cruise deposits if both cruises are 6 days or more. Would not work in this case, but it also delays making final payment on the second cruise by an extra week, which could mean an extra month to pay off your credit card.

In order to do this as two bookings through CAS, you'd have to have two comps available to you. If you did book it as two separate comps you would have two separate bookings, and receive the tier perks for each individually.

Not sure I'd want to use up two comps for what is essentially one sailing, just to get double tier perks, though. I'd much rather save the second comp and use it for another cruise. :D

I did just book a B2B to Canada for 2017 with CAS and they did it as 2 separate cruises - but then again, I don't see it offered as a single cruise on NCL.com. I'm still not sure exactly how CAS arrives at their comps, but in my experience I have not had them expressly say to me "you are entitled to one comp (or two, etc.)" so I don't know how many comps I had available or used up for my Canada booking - but it will be nice if I do get tier perks x2!

We did the same cruise in april/may to Vancouver.

We booked it as a 12 day cruise, like you did.

We were in one cabin, so don,t have to pack/unpack. Check your stateroomcard, for the date of disembarkation. The card will almost certainly be dated for the end of the 12 days

If you don,t change rooms, you don,t have to go to the second muster drill because your muster station is the same. On the last seaday of cruise part 1, there was explaining in the spinnaker lounge for all the B2B guests ,you can ask all you questions there. This does not always happen. In general the second Muster Drill can be missed as your names will not be on the list. We have never turned up for the second or third (B2B or B2B2B) and have not been chased!!

On turnaround day we had " still on vacation " stickers. We left the ship around 9.30 am , took our passports with us and got tru customs . No excursions for us, so we went to visit the battleship USS Iowa. And when we came back, we could board again. The sticker, whatever it says, is like gold. Only had the normal bag check to worry about, if the shore staff know their stuff they quickly point you in the right direction. No hassles from the crew, especially the photographers if you look as if you know what you are doing!!

We both are platinum, and to my surprise we got our platinum letter 2 times No surprise, the Future Cruise staff just get a list of those on board and their Latitude status; it does not differentiate those who are B2B from 2 cruise people or newcomers.

I hope I didn,t forgot anything

Have a nice trip.

HTH

Mike

I did just book a B2B to Canada for 2017 with CAS and they did it as 2 separate cruises - but then again, I don't see it offered as a single cruise on NCL.com. I'm still not sure exactly how CAS arrives at their comps, but in my experience I have not had them expressly say to me "you are entitled to one comp (or two, etc.)" so I don't know how many comps I had available or used up for my Canada booking - but it will be nice if I do get tier perks x2!

Since it is booked as two separate cruises, you definitely had two comps available to you (most likely each one is based on your prior play on two different cruises - OR - one comp is yours and the other is your spouse/significant other's if that applies - OR - you earned a certificate for an additional comp). Since you've got two separate bookings, you'll receive the benefits for each booking individually.

Enjoy! :D

Since it is booked as two separate cruises, you definitely had two comps available to you (most likely each one is based on your prior play on two different cruises - OR - one comp is yours and the other is your spouse/significant other's if that applies - OR - you earned a certificate for an additional comp). Since you've got two separate bookings, you'll receive the benefits for each booking individually.

Enjoy! :D

Thanks so much! No certificates or spouse's play - just my own. And I booked this B2B along with another cruise when I returned from the Breakaway in May. I guess it's a statement of how much of a "loser" I am :eek: LOL Hadn't thought about double perks before this thread since in my mind the Canada trip is "one cruise" - but I hope you're right! Thanks again! :)