Silly LGA Question

Bases5

I know that many things can determine the answer?

But

If you were flying to LGA from Florida what side of the airplane would

you choose to get the best view of the city during landing?

Be either the captain or first officer.

Too many runway and approach variables to make any kind of informed answer. However, if you want, you could play around with FlightRadar24 (either web or on your phone), watch it for hours and then make your own guess.

I'd sit on the left side; if the winds are from the north you'll see Manhattan on final approach. If they're from the south you'll see Manhattan on the downwind leg if the plane's routed to the east of LGA before turning final. But there are also E/W runways at LGA so all of the above could be useless too. Crapshoot.

I'd sit on the left side; if the winds are from the north you'll see Manhattan on final approach. If they're from the south you'll see Manhattan on the downwind leg if the plane's routed to the east of LGA before turning final. But there are also E/W runways at LGA so all of the above could be useless too. Crapshoot.

For landings on 22 from the south you can get routed parallel with the Hudson and then around or you'll fly over Brooklyn and Queens and then turn over City Island and come in. No way to tell which.

Too many chances of runway changing too, OP didn't say when or what time of year.

Landing 22 you can go up to New Rochelle before being turned south.

Heck left side of the plane while departing from 22 you have a great view of Rikers Island now that is a place to visit while in NYC ;)

I love the 31 landings with that sweeping left turn and shot of the city in the background.

I wouldn't worry about the view. I worry about the sun. Morning flight, sun shines in the right side windows, either toasting you or you pull the shade down & can't see the view anyhow. pm flight, sun in left windows. Same problems. The only solution is to depart and arrive at high noon when the sun will be over head.