Procrastinators

youagain

We booked about 100 days ago for a March 24 2018 cruise.My daughters college spring break is that week.I check every day (old Habit) Cabins are getting scarce already. So many people say "I always book last minute and get the cabin I want". I think those days are over. You still might get lucky at final payment or when the TA's send back cabins. From what I have seen if you want a certain cabin on high demand cruises you better get early. Just waiting on excursions. This stinks the long wait but knowing I got the cabin I really wanted was awesome!!!

We booked about 100 days ago for a March 24 2018 cruise.My daughters college spring break is that week.I check every day (old Habit) Cabins are getting scarce already. So many people say "I always book last minute and get the cabin I want". I think those days are over. You still might get lucky at final payment or when the TA's send back cabins. From what I have seen if you want a certain cabin on high demand cruises you better get early. Just waiting on excursions. This stinks the long wait but knowing I got the cabin I really wanted was awesome!!!

Good for you snagging the cabin you wanted.

But I highly doubt that a cruise almost 2 years from now is almost sold out in any category. Chances are more likely that cabin releases are being held back by the supplier, Carnival.

Where is is prime spring break time, I could see TA's holding them, get them cheap and then hold them while Carnivals prices rise.

But you have to know that sooner or later the TAs are going to be selling those cabins at a pretty good amount more than they paid for them, too.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

That is the way to do it.

Not sure how serious you are saying that a sailing 2 years out is filling up.

You know that there is a chance that ship won't even be sailing out of the same port, right?

I am lucky if I know 4 months in advance when I can take a vacation, and have never had a problem booking a good cabin :)

I late book most of the time, and don't care where the cabin is. :)

Something for everyone.

I can't imagine booking so far ahead, you don't travel/cruise before then? I couldn't live with that, since I travel multiple times per year, and have enough going on keeping that straight. :)

Dont' trust the Carnival website. For the last month it has shown out sailing in Oct is old out of 4 people cabins on Lido, empress and I think upper. They were there one day when I was looking to upgrade to Lido then they suddenly vanished when I was getting ready to call. I mean all of them vanished. All the 3 decks suddenly went sold out.

I called anyways and sure enough there were lots of rooms available she said the booking system is glitching bad and if you want a room on a deck that's showing sold out, call it may not be. Here we are a month later and they still have not fixed it, all 3 decks are still showing sold out. As of last week I know there was still at least one quad on Lido because I called to see if the price went down any and to be honest I was being nosey lol, it didn't, it's gone up, but you wouldn't know if you looked at the website, it shows all quad rooms gone on all 3 decks still. I gave up on any price matching, I'm not going to call and check anymore. I am happy to have our room and won't worry about getting a price drop though it would be nice. It's not worth the hassle of having to call to check.

They are also showing only one quad balcony on the lido for our other cruise but several were available to choose from when we called and asked upgrading to one so only very limited rooms are hitting the website. We haven't changed that one yet because we aren't sure if we will actually get to take it or not. So far it hasn't been booked and that's still the only quad balcony showing. I assume when it fills they will put up another or it will also show sold out and if I decide to go and upgrade I will have to call to book a room.