Harmony of the Seas Questions

I thank and appreciate anyone who has sailed or is knowledgeable to any of these questions:

- We are setting sail on 8/4/16 out of Rome on Harmony of the Seas and are Diamond Plus members (although we have not sailed in 1 1/2 years).

1. For the dining packages, a 5 night package is currently being offered for $121 per person.

A. Is this the same price they offer day 1 of the cruise?

B. Has anyone booked this online? If so, are you able to arrange all the dining experiences on the day and time you wanted?

2. Right now, RCL online is only showing the ability to reserve entertainment on day 1-3 of the cruise. Does Harmony require pre-booking of the shows or can you simply walk in the day of?

3. Does anyone have examples of the MDR menus for this ship?

4. Has anyone participated in Escape the Rubicon? Opinions?

Any other information you would like to share, please feel free. Thanks.

I would recommend pre booking the entertainment. We go in a week and a half and wanted to change a show time but couldn't because it was booked for that time. There is a wait list I believe for the shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the same cruise but leaving the 31st out of Barcelona. I haven't booked any specialty dining except for the Wonderland restaurant. I did want to mention that all shows are available as of Sunday. I didn't have much trouble booking them around dining/departure times. It shows only 3 shows, but if you click on the entertainment link, you will see the other shows! :)

The page for those of us leaving on the 31st has been pretty quiet! Maybe you all leaving from Rome can liven it up a bit! :)

I would recommend pre booking the entertainment. We go in a week and a half and wanted to change a show time but couldn't because it was booked for that time. There is a wait list I believe for the shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How far in advance were the shows available to book for HOTS ?...I'm not sailing on her until March but wanted to know when I should start checking.

I also like to know how far out can we book shows? We are sailing in Feb. 2017 also the dinning unless you book specialty restaurant you don't need to book. We have my time dining.

There is no set time that entertainment and dining become available to book. Keep checking the Cruise Planner.

I also like to know how far out can we book shows? We are sailing in Feb. 2017 also the dinning unless you book specialty restaurant you don't need to book. We have my time dining.

That's why I asked ken_nyc for his recent experience with HOTS...to give us an idea. ;)

I thank and appreciate anyone who has sailed or is knowledgeable to any of these questions:

- We are setting sail on 8/4/16 out of Rome on Harmony of the Seas and are Diamond Plus members (although we have not sailed in 1 1/2 years).

1. For the dining packages, a 5 night package is currently being offered for $121 per person.

A. Is this the same price they offer day 1 of the cruise?

B. Has anyone booked this online? If so, are you able to arrange all the dining experiences on the day and time you wanted?

No guarantees that they will even offer the 5 night package on board. On our Oasis cruise this past March it was offered on line but once on board they only offered the 3 night package.

Also there are no guarantees that it will be the same price. Royal has been raising and lowering prices lately so it could be more or it could be less.

If you book on line you select the either day 1 or 2 and the time for your first reservation. Royal assigns that restaurant. Once on board you choose the other dates, times and restaurants and subject to availability you can change the one that Royal chose for you.

You cannot book all of your specialty restaurants in advance with the multi-night packages. You can only select a time and day 1 or 2 prior to boarding.

Once you get on the ship they let you know which restaurant you get on night 1 or 2 (which you can change if space is available) and you make the rest of your reservations with the Maitre'd.

The price advantage of the packages is great :cool:, but the fact that you cannot make all of the reservations prior to boarding does not make a whole lot of sense :confused:. I would think allowing those who purchase packages to reserve tables in advance would allow them to better staff and plan for the evening and encourage more people to purchase the packages.

We really enjoyed Escape The Rubicon. We had not done anything like this previously, we didn't know what to expect but it was great fun. You do need to work as a team. Its a pity that there is only one version. We would like to have done it again. Highly recommended.

Thanks. Were you able to prebook every show on the ship? Right now, I'm only seeing days 1-3 available to book shows. I'm wondering if this is a website issue since we are departing out of Rome, not Barcelona.

I will be on Harmony, September first and no entertainment yet �� My departure is from Rome too!

Edited by saphir

No guarantees that they will even offer the 5 night package on board. On our Oasis cruise this past March it was offered on line but once on board they only offered the 3 night package.

Also there are no guarantees that it will be the same price. Royal has been raising and lowering prices lately so it could be more or it could be less.

If you book on line you select the either day 1 or 2 and the time for your first reservation. Royal assigns that restaurant. Once on board you choose the other dates, times and restaurants and subject to availability you can change the one that Royal chose for you.

I have a 3 dining package and they ask me to choose day 4 or 5 😳

I will be on Harmony, September first and no entertainment yet �� My departure is from Rome too!

We are on the week before you and nothing yet - in spite of all the encouraging emails I get from Royal suggesting I book[emoji5][emoji5]!

• 2 weeks later...

Dining Packages: As said before there´s no guarantee that you can book them onboard. If so the price is the same. Online you have to chose first or second night for your first restaurant plus time (in your case it´ll be Barcelona or Palma de Mallorca - as those are day 1/2 for a regular cruise - you are interporting). You can´t pick the restaurant. All other reservations have to be done onboard.

Entertainment: So far the July 31st cruise is the last one you can book entertainment. As your first half of the cruise is part of the July 31st cruise you can only make reservations until Barcelona. The rest will open up later - whenever...

MDR: Haven´t seen the menus for a full 7 nighter out of Barcelona yet. Those menus which have been used out of Southampton and for the 2 nighter out of Barcelona were different from the regular menus but had similar items.

steamboats

I was on harmony on June 12th. Escape the rubicon is a brilliant activity I'd highly recommend prebooking as it's becoming very popular. I would recommend prebooking all shows. However we were only asked for our seapass cards going into grease so really anyone could go into any of the other shows such as headliners, fine line etc

• 4 weeks later...

We just came back from 7/10 sailing out of Barcelona. RCI did not offer any dining package for sale onboard.

For those who purchased a dining package online, go to any specialty restaurant (Chops or 150 were very quiet) on embarkation day and make all your reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk