Royal Caribbean complaint

Hi

Wondered if you can help me with your wealth of experience.

We put a complaint in to RC to the uk complaints email. This was nearly two weeks ago. The only response we have had is a confirmation of receipt of the email but no response. Just wondered if anyone has had a similar thing and how long to expect before they respond. We sail in 8 weeks and are hoping for a resolution before we go.

Thank you 😀

Hi, we complained late last year via email. We received a call within a couple of days and our complaint was resolved. We got an email confirming the resolution within a couple of hours of the call. I would suggest you call them just to make sure your complaint hasn't slipped through the net. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi, we complained late last year via email. We received a call within a couple of days and our complaint was resolved. We got an email confirming the resolution within a couple of hours of the call. I would suggest you call them just to make sure your complaint hasn't slipped through the net. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you. That's good to know. I'll try giving them a call tomorrow.

The length of time it takes to respond is dependant upon the complexity of your issue and how many responsibility centres might be involved in resolving it. As it has been less than two weeks and you did receive an acknowledgment, I wouldn't be concerned.

The length of time it takes to respond is dependant upon the complexity of your issue and how many responsibility centres might be involved in resolving it. As it has been less than two weeks and you did receive an acknowledgment, I wouldn't be concerned.

Thank you. Yes it's a bit complicated.

I would call them and also send a follow up email. It shouldn't take nearly 2 weeks to resolve your complaint or at least give you a call back to discuss the issue and let you know that they are still working on it. My guess is that it fell through the cracks...but if not, it doesn't hurt to call and follow up and see what they tell you.

I've just rung RCCL to be told the email for complaints given in the back of our brochure from Thomson was wrong. Have now sent the email again to customerserviceuk. rather than customerrelationsuk. Hopefully will get a response and a resolution.

Thanks all for the advice 😀👍

I submitted complaints about an issue to 2 different RCL emails (website first and then a different one that an RCL sales person who called me had given me). It's been nearly a month and I haven't heard back from either. I assume they don't care if they get my business.

I complained about my cruise dropping £800 after final payment and can now get balcony for what I paid for inside.

Took them 3 days to reply with some rubbish standard email. I emailed them again last Friday saying not good enough and yesterday received another bog standard reply.

Really not fair how we get treated so poorly in UK. Just read post lady in same position obv From states and one phone call upgraded room no questions asked! Absolute joke

I submitted complaints about an issue to 2 different RCL emails (website first and then a different one that an RCL sales person who called me had given me). It's been nearly a month and I haven't heard back from either. I assume they don't care if they get my business.

Oh no that's not good news. It's been really difficult to find an email to direct the complaint to or a phone number. When I rang Royal Caribbean the lady on the phone told me to email customerserviceuk@rccl.com. Have you tried that email? Don't give up.

I complained about my cruise dropping £800 after final payment and can now get balcony for what I paid for inside.

Took them 3 days to reply with some rubbish standard email. I emailed them again last Friday saying not good enough and yesterday received another bog standard reply.

Really not fair how we get treated so poorly in UK. Just read post lady in same position obv From states and one phone call upgraded room no questions asked! Absolute joke

Yes all I had back so far was an automated response email. Couldn't even seem to get to talk to someone about my complaint when I rang them.

It's not dependent upon that at all. It's dependant upon someone at Royal actually being bothered enough to respond.

2 weeks is nothing to be concerned about? Stop being such a shill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Penciltwister

It's not dependent upon that at all. It's dependant upon someone at Royal actually being bothered enough to respond.

Regulars on this board always appreciate your valuable contributions, Penciltwister. :rolleyes:

Not that I know what the cancellation penalties are in the UK market, but when there are substantial price drops, it might be worth considering cancelling (and paying the penalty) and making an entirely new booking at the lower price.

Not that I know what the cancellation penalties are in the UK market, but when there are substantial price drops, it might be worth considering cancelling (and paying the penalty) and making an entirely new booking at the lower price.

In the UK if you cancel prior to final payment you lose all your deposit money. Also you are told that it is very unlikely for you to rebook your original cabin. Plus you lose any perk you might have had, such as an included drinks package or OBC.

What's a shill?

noun

noun: shill; plural noun: shills

1. 1.
    an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
    • a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest.
      "a megamillionaire who makes more money as a shill for corporate products than he does for playing basketball"

verb

verb: shill; 3rd person present: shills; past tense: shilled; past participle: shilled; gerund or present participle: shilling

1. 1.
    act or work as a shill.

However, uttered from the keyboard of a troll makes it meaningless drivel.

Try posting on their Facebook page. Did that last year when we'd booked inside on Anthem and price dropped so much that balcony was then cheaper than what we'd paid for the inside. Got phone call saying they couldn't do anything but gave me USD 100 OBC then about week later upgraded us to a balcony.

In the UK if you cancel prior to final payment you lose all your deposit money. Also you are told that it is very unlikely for you to rebook your original cabin. Plus you lose any perk you might have had, such as an included drinks package or OBC.

That's what has happened to us. We were forced by RC to move to another cabin when we cancelled the 3rd passenger in our cabin. We were above the 75 days so only lost deposit, however as had to pay current prices also lost buy one get one half price cruise fare, lost $200 obc, had to pay hundreds more for the 2 person cabin and are now 2 decks away from our sons 😡

That's what has happened to us. We were forced by RC to move to another cabin when we cancelled the 3rd passenger in our cabin. We were above the 75 days so only lost deposit, however as had to pay current prices also lost buy one get one half price cruise fare, lost $200 obc, had to pay hundreds more for the 2 person cabin and are now 2 decks away from our sons 😡

Depending on the cost of the extra person vs. the value lost by cancelling, if this situation occurs again in future you might want to consider whether it makes more sense to just 'no show' for the third passenger. You would still be paying for them, but if you lost a deposit, BOGOHO benefit and OBC that might easily add up to more than the third person fare and you'd keep your preferred cabin. Alternatively perhaps find someone to swap out the third person with??

How very rude of you ....

They responded yesterday to my email sent on June 1st. I guess they are still snowed under dealing with the Harmony complaints. I have not yet heard back from them regarding that, and it was sent on the same date.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Depending on the cost of the extra person vs. the value lost by cancelling, if this situation occurs again in future you might want to consider whether it makes more sense to just 'no show' for the third passenger. You would still be paying for them, but if you lost a deposit, BOGOHO benefit and OBC that might easily add up to more than the third person fare and you'd keep your preferred cabin. Alternatively perhaps find someone to swap out the third person with??

We considered this but because we were at more than 75 days we only lost £150 deposit. However it's cost us £900 to change cabins at RC request not ours, we wanted to stay in our original cabin, and on top of that we've lost $200 onboard credit. For a no show we would have lost £1600 the cruise fare but would have got port costs and gratuities back.