P&O drink package statement

Hi.

Just wondering if when you have the drink package each time you get a drink it is itemised on a statement but with 0 amount.

So at the end of the day you can see what you've had and would have spent if a drink package wasnt included. Or do you have to keep a record yourself.

Thought it would be good to see for future cruises if the drink package works in your favour or if your better off pay as you go :)

I've seen that before on other cruise lines but I haven't had a drink package on P&O so can't say for sure. Even with the drink package make sure to check your onboard account during the cruise because mistakes do happen and sometimes drinks sneak onto your account. It's a pain trying to fix it up on the morning of disembarkation so best to sort out any anomalies during the cruise. :)

Just a quick comment on this when we did our trip on the Aria earlier in the year there were a number of passengers that obviously got the drink package as part of a promotion P&O had towards the end of 2015. The passengers with the package often appeared pickled and if they had had an accident on board while intoxicated it is likely they would have breached the T&C's of their travel insurance policy and would not have been covered.

For some passengers the drink package is worth it but IMO its a much cheaper and sensible option to pay as you go.

The other thing you need to consider is most packages are around the $70 - $80 a day mark - would you spend that much each day at home on booze?

The other thing you need to consider is most packages are around the $70 - $80 a day mark - would you spend that much each day at home on booze?

No, never... But at home my drinks are not over-priced :D, and I am forced to go to work during the day and for some strange reason they won't let me drink there ;).

Just a quick comment on this when we did our trip on the Aria earlier in the year there were a number of passengers that obviously got the drink package as part of a promotion P&O had towards the end of 2015. The passengers with the package often appeared pickled and if they had had an accident on board while intoxicated it is likely they would have breached the T&C's of their travel insurance policy and would not have been covered.

For some passengers the drink package is worth it but IMO its a much cheaper and sensible option to pay as you go.

There was a mix up with a cruise I have booked.

They said it included drink package but it didn't but are giving us the drink package promotion for an extra $250 each.

Over 11 nights we would spend this not necessarily all on booze but coffee and soft drink also.

Wanted to work out at end of cruise how close we come to the $79

I wouldn't pay for the drink package if I had to pay full price as I'm sure it wouldn't be worth it for us.

Hi.

Just wondering if when you have the drink package each time you get a drink it is itemised on a statement but with 0 amount.

So at the end of the day you can see what you've had and would have spent if a drink package wasnt included. Or do you have to keep a record yourself.

Thought it would be good to see for future cruises if the drink package works in your favour or if your better off pay as you go :)

Hi,

The free drinks weren't itemised on my recent P&O cruise. just the items I had to pay for outside the free list.

I checked the P&O Facebook page and they replied the purchases are shown with the price along side them.

As long as they don't stuff up and debit my visa card for the full amount that's on there when I get home it should be OK.

I wonder if this has ever happened ! ?

You should be fine. As I mentioned earlier, ***** my cruise none of the the free drinks were listed, either as amounts or zeros. The other thing to remember is that you can ask for a printout any time on the cruise to see what has been charged to your room, and they also give you a final statement of account on the day you disembark so you shouldn't get any unwanted surprises. Just sit back and enjoy the trip.

Hi recently on the Dawn with drink package. Beside the pursers desk were a couple of computers with a card scanner- scan your card and go through the process of reviewing your bill. It will show you your drinks there. However there is no record of the drinks on your final bill so you will have to check daily.

Hi recently on the Dawn with drink package. Beside the pursers desk were a couple of computers with a card scanner- scan your card and go through the process of reviewing your bill. It will show you your drinks there. However there is no record of the drinks on your final bill so you will have to check daily.

The kiosk machines are handy for getting updated print outs without the queues.