Orlando/Port Canav. hotel suggestions?

I remember reading somewhere on here about different hotels in the area that provide deals for parking/shuttle services? We'll be getting on Freedom in a couple of weeks and will be staying the night in advance of departure in town. Any good recs?

Someone just asked this same question on the boards, I'm not sure how you missed it.

Every time we sail out of Port Canaveral we only stay at the Radisson at the Port. We do the stay and cruise package and are able to leave our car (since we normally drive down) at the hotel during our cruise. The rooms are nice, the beds are sleep number (very comfortable) and they have a nice pool/bar area outside. Their breakfasts are very good too.

We do Country Inn and Suites at Port Canaveral. They have a cruise and park special pricing. And breakfast is included. Very clean rooms and friendly staff.

You will love the Freedom! Love that ship!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading somewhere on here about different hotels in the area that provide deals for parking/shuttle services? We'll be getting on Freedom in a couple of weeks and will be staying the night in advance of departure in town. Any good recs?

We LOVED the La Quinta Cocoa Beach. Free parking, free shuttle, and rooms that view the ocean.. Next to the pier.. If you get a chance, check out The Grills restaurant. On the water by the port. Fabulous food....

If you're flying in, I suggest the Hyatt Orlando Airport. It's literally in the airport terminal. You don't have to wait for an hotel shuttle bus.

If you're not in the mood for dining in a hotel restaurant, you can always go to the food court in the terminal.

The last time we sailed on the Freedom, we had a very good rate for a room.

In the morning, you can simply take the RC shuttle leaving from the baggage claim on the A side of the terminal.

• 2 months later...

And another for country inn and suites.

Heads up on the RC thread a "reported and alleged " report of bed bugs at Radisson at the Port

Mom and I are sailing and she's had some health issues and I don't want to take aaaaany chances.

Could be nothing

I've stayed at the country inn before AND the RADDI.

Honestly, I prefer the Radisson at Melbourne Beach...SMACK on the beach and being my MOM lives in DENVER she just might like being on the beach....a 45 minute drive..then to park...hmmmm decisions decisions decisions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

If you get in late..stay in Orlando, and take a shuttle to Pt. Canaveral in the morning. If you arrive early in the day, find a shuttle to Canaveral and stay there..... google both places...Hotels.com is a good "search" engine for hotels. Book directly THROUGH the hotel, tho...don't book thru a 3rd party!

I usually stay in the Orlando area the night before a cruise. On our next cruise (Majesty four nighter), we are flying in two days early, and staying in a Disney Vacation Club room (The treehouses next to Saratoga springs). I would never stay there for a long Disney vacation since they are not near anything and transportation around Disney is more complicated in those places. But we are renting a car, and will return it at the car rental place near the port.

A trick for all if renting a car. Drop the family off at the pier first with the luggage, and then return the car with just your carry-on. It is much easier to jump on the shuttle with one person and no big bags than with a bunch of people carrying their bags onto the shuttle bus and then having to take them off again. We always do this when dropping a car off. It makes life much easier.