E Docs Question

caseykees

Our E-Docs are ready today and I printed them out! Along with our luggage tags!! YAY!!

Do we just need one copy at check in because both our names are on it or do we each need a copy?

Only 10 weeks to go!! :D

Kathy

Edited by caseykees

Our E-Docs are ready today and I printed them out! Along with our luggage tags!! YAY!!

Do we just need one copy at check in because both our names are on it or do we each need a copy?

If there are multiple people on the reservation, then you just need one copy of the very first page (which is your cruise ticket). Show that to security as you enter the terminal and the check-in agent. The rest of the information is for you records.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Edited by BirdTravels

One more question!

Should our boarding pass mention we have UBP and prepaid service charges?? We have the old UBP, where we didn't have to pay gratuities, since we booked in March 2015! It is stated online that we have UBP and when I made final payment the confirmation states we have promo CHOB and that I prepaid our other gratuties, however our boarding pass mentions none of these things. I will bring our confirmation as well.

thanks again!

Kathy

One more question!

Should our boarding pass mention we have UBP and prepaid service charges?? We have the old UBP, where we didn't have to pay gratuities, since we booked in March 2015! It is stated online that we have UBP and when I made final payment the confirmation states we have promo CHOB and that I prepaid our other gratuties, however our boarding pass mentions none of these things. I will bring our confirmation as well.

No, the eDocs are only your cruise ticket (ie. ticket to travel), it does not have information about any additional amenities. It's still always best to have your booking confirmation as a hard copy for "insurance" in case anything goes wrong (it happens very rarely, but still happens sometimes).

P.S. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can ask NCL (or your TA if you booked through one) to send you an "Amenity confirmation", it lists also all extras you might have added yourself after the booking.

Edited by Demonyte

Call and ask for an AMENITIES NOTICE to be emailed to you. That should include any dining package, drinks package, OBC that you have associated with the cruise.

Edited by BirdTravels

I will definitely do this! We don't have any OBC or anything. Just the drink package. We do have dining reservations at Cagney's for 2 nights, which shows on our copy of the e-docs.

But I don't want to have any problems with the fact that I don't have to pay gratuities on the UBP and that we HAVE paid our Service Charges already!

(We booked directly with NCL.com, not at TA)

Kathy

Always take an amenities confirmation.

On our Jade cruise in March, somehow my husband's card did not have our UDP/UBP on it. Since we were in Haven and I booked us together, he should have. We talked to the concierge who said he needed to get in touch with Miami, as it didn't show DH having it in his system, and it might take a day or two.

Then I handed him the amenities confirmation for all of us, and he said, "well, that makes it 100x easier" and it was fixed almost immediately.

Always take an amenities confirmation.

On our Jade cruise in March, somehow my husband's card did not have our UDP/UBP on it. Since we were in Haven and I booked us together, he should have. We talked to the concierge who said he needed to get in touch with Miami, as it didn't show DH having it in his system, and it might take a day or two.

Then I handed him the amenities confirmation for all of us, and he said, "well, that makes it 100x easier" and it was fixed almost immediately.

DW & I were just talking about this for our upcoming Escape cruise next week. Looked at the E docs: Nothing on them about amenities. Went to the website: The vacation summary web page shows them. Going to print that out just in case.

EDIT FOR FURTHER INFO: On the NCL website, in "My vacation summary" at the bottom of the page there are two buttons. One says "Print Vacation Summary." You might expect that would be everything associated with your cruise (a summary, right?) but it's not. Next to that button is one that says "Print Booked Items." This gives you a printout of your promos and presumably, any shore excursions, dining reservations & etc.

Edited by VideoTech

DW & I were just talking about this for our upcoming Escape cruise next week. Looked at the E docs: Nothing on them about amenities. Went to the website: The vacation summary web page shows them. Going to print that out just in case.

EDIT FOR FURTHER INFO: On the NCL website, in "My vacation summary" at the bottom of the page there are two buttons. One says "Print Vacation Summary." You might expect that would be everything associated with your cruise (a summary, right?) but it's not. Next to that button is one that says "Print Booked Items." This gives you a printout of your promos and presumably, any shore excursions, dining reservations & etc.

That will help, but the document you want looks like this... you have to call and ask for it. This is what Starflyr3 is talking about.

ammenity-confirmation.jpg

Kathy

One copy, and if you want to save paper just take an electronic copy.

One more question!

thanks again!

Kathy

No, the boarding pass is to simply allow you to enter the building to check in, it doesn't need anything about the UBP, and service charges, in fact you don't even need it to get in, though it speeds things up a bit.

Save yourself some paper and keep all of your documents on your phone or tablet.

Edited by zqvol

It is a shame they just don't send one to you. I will call and get one before we go!

Actually I have always had one emailed to me at the same time as my reservation confirmation, two different emails.