Not a great start to Pride June 19th sailing

Apparently ship is late to the port about 3 hours. Because of weather, at least that what they saying. Received phone call/email at 10.45am about late check in. So they called after most people started to drive or already arrived at the port. Now we have to sit in the car on the parking lot for 3 hours. It's really hot. One porta party outside for hundreds of cars.

We got the call as we were pulling into the parking lot. Thankfully we just got dropped off and didn't have to park! Happens pretty often from this port. The ones I feel bad for are the weddings waiting to board. What a rush job the receptions will be.

We got the call as we were pulling into the parking lot. Thankfully we just got dropped off and didn't have to park! Happens pretty often from this port. The ones I feel bad for are the weddings waiting to board. What a rush job the receptions will be.
why does it happened often from Baltimore? After sitting for an hour to get to parking lot, we dropped off the bags. Then another hour near pay booth before they opened the lot for parking. Inside terminal now. Nobody knows when boarding will start as of 1 o'clock . A lots of hungry and annoyed people inside. There is not enough seating for everyone .

Does anyone knows there to eat except Lido after boarding?

I'm sure the Lido will be open late to accommodate the late start. The MDR will not be open.

Make the best of things. Nobody can control the weather. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

While you're fretting about getting ON the ship there are those fretting to get OFF, to make their flights, etc.

This is a prime reason for making flights later in the day of disembarkation.

I'm sure the captain wishes it were all smooth sailing all the time.

I sail next week 06-26-16. This will be our fourth time on the Pride and on the other three times the Pride was late getting into port. That is just the way it is in Baltimore. It takes a very long time getting up the Chesapeake Bay.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Things happen. You have to just go with the flow. Having an attitude like this at the very start of your vacation is not a good sign. I get that it's an inconvenience, but it's Sunday and you have a cruise this week to look forward to. For the rest of us, it's Sunday and all we get to look forward to is going back to work tomorrow.

And don't assume that it's easy for me to say and not experience myself. For my cruise last fall on the Dream we had FTTF and were checked in and seated, waiting to board, at about 10:30. We did not get onboard until 1:30. There were weather issues, a coast guard drill, and a whole bunch of people not listening to directions for disembarkation due to being on the ship for 21 days and being anxious to get off, that all contributed to a late embarkation.

Anyway, my husband and I just took it in stride and it was literally the best vacation we have had to-date. Yours can be, too, if you don't let this slight inconvenience get to you. Good luck! Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

While you're fretting about getting ON the ship there are those fretting to get OFF, to make their flights, etc.

This is very true, I would much rather have a late start than to be that late returning!

Hopefully the late start will just be a minor glitch in the beginning of a great vacation! :)

Update: made it to the ship at 2pm. Spoke to the port employee. Apparently Canival out of Baltimore notoriously late to arrive and late to depart . In comparison, RCL on Saturdays most always on time. She could not give me a reason why ( she said its confidential). We surely not departing on time since everything was delayed. We made it to lunch- plenty of seats even with everyone boarding at the same time.

I sail next week 06-26-16. This will be our fourth time on the Pride and on the other three times the Pride was late getting into port. That is just the way it is in Baltimore. It takes a very long time getting up the Chesapeake Bay.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

The length of time sailing up the Chesapeake Bay is not the reason for a late arrival. The weather and sea conditions the ship experiences in the Atlantic en route to Hampton Roads may cause the ship's Master to prudently reduce speed in the interest of the comfort and safety of all aboard.

Sounds like you got on at a decent time. Wouldn't matter to me when we actually left port.

Also, my wife is glad you are on vacation. She said it sounds like you need it if you are going to take time to get on here and complain about a little delay. She said go have fun and don't worry about small things.

Edited by Hoosierpop

Update: made it to the ship at 2pm. Spoke to the port employee. Apparently Canival out of Baltimore notoriously late to arrive and late to depart . In comparison, RCL on Saturdays most always on time. She could not give me a reason why ( she said its confidential). We surely not departing on time since everything was delayed. We made it to lunch- plenty of seats even with everyone boarding at the same time.

confidential???:eek::eek:

Boarding at 2pm is still a reasonable time. Not really a big deal as it's still within normal boarding times.

I am confused about the excuse of the weather. Its a beautiful, sunny day on the southern half of the eastern seaboard, and yesterday was nicer.

I sailed out of Baltimore once (On RCCL "Grandeur of the Seas") and while the ship wasn't delayed coming in, boarding was mess. Its their set up on how one drops of luggage, pays for parking, and going through security, etc. Takes forever. Coming back was worse. Ship arrived in port on time, but we still didn't get off the ship until just before noon.

The one good thing about sailing from Baltimore, if the ship was truly delayed a significant amount of time, one is very near the Inner Harbor, which can be a good place to spend a few hours, keeps kids amused and even get something to eat if need be.

This is a prime reason for making flights later in the day of disembarkation.

I'm sure the captain wishes it were all smooth sailing all the time.

you are right....was on ship...we had to be out of room and sat around several hours waiting to get off. The seas were very rough starting yesterday afternoon and thru most of night. We were lucky, we drive to port but they did try to get as many as possible who had flights.

I would have traded with whomever that was complaining. We sailed on the Pride 6-5 to 6-12 and can't wait to get back on. What a beautiful ship. It was full on raining 6-5 when we sailed out of port and no one cared. Still had the party, still had fun!!! We were sitting in the Steakhouse for our first nights dinner when we felt the slight jolt of departure. I WANT TO GET BACK ON THE SHIP!!!! Love it, loved the workers, loved it all!:D

Edited by clearwaters

Apparently ship is late to the port about 3 hours. Because of weather, at least that what they saying. Received phone call/email at 10.45am about late check in. So they called after most people started to drive or already arrived at the port. Now we have to sit in the car on the parking lot for 3 hours. It's really hot. One porta party outside for hundreds of cars.

We just got off the Pride this morning! We did have rough seas and a strong head wind which caused a delay to our return. But "3 hours late" is a HUGE exaggeration - we were docked at 10 am, just one hour later than our expected time.

NOW...having said that - disembarkation was really SLOW. We had Zone 1 and were not called until almost 1 pm. So I have no doubt that also effected your boarding time. But on board at 2pm is only about an hour later than we boarded last week - and we were the first two on board, right after the two weddings! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin