Yank with AU/NZ Questions

For what its worth,we always stay at the airport hotel the night before a flight.Check-in,leave bags,catch train,bus,taxi back to the city,enjoy the day knowing that in the morning you are at the planes door-step.2 hrs of travel,and a bit of frustration,relieves a whole lot of headaches the next-morning.Just a Thought.:):)

For what its worth,we always stay at the airport hotel the night before a flight.Check-in,leave bags,catch train,bus,taxi back to the city,enjoy the day knowing that in the morning you are at the planes door-step.2 hrs of travel,and a bit of frustration,relieves a whole lot of headaches the next-morning.Just a Thought.:):)

This is a good idea and this will be probably our plan. I don't want to rush around too much, I am on vacation/holiday for Pete's sake.

Thank you,

Bill

This is a good idea and this will be probably our plan. I don't want to rush around too much, I am on vacation/holiday for Pete's sake.

Thank you,

Bill

If there is no need to rush about or stress out, then don't like you say you are on holidays. Work out what best suits your times and budget and then enjoy.

That sounds like a good plan.

If I were an American, docking in Sydney at 6 or 7am on ANZAC day, there is no way on earth I'd be fixing to catch an international plane out at 9.45am. You'd be pushing your luck.

Much better, if you have the time, to book into that airport hotel then go off and look around Sydney for the day. A lot of things will be shut in the morning but will reopen about noon-1pm.

Then fly out the next morning. Auckland area-Rotorua etc is all good, but Christchurch used to be beautiful. I am not sure about now, my son drove there a couple of years back and said it was disappointing with a lot of it still closed off. May be different now.

But Queenstown-if you get a chance, that is worth seeing. The colours of the water, the scenery-incredible. Just so beautiful.

We did the Tranz Alpine train trip & it was very good too.

But Queenstown is a must see sort of place.

Edited by sherri3802

If you log into the air New Zealand web site you will see that there is a flight to Queenstown (via Auckland) that leaves at 11.50am.There is a 2hrs 35m wait in Auckland. It arrives in Queenstown at 9.35pm. NZ is 2 hours ahead of Sydney time. This same flight out of Sydney connects to a Christchurch flight in Auckland. Anzac day is a public holiday and all shops are shut until 1pm.

That sounds like a good plan.

If I were an American, docking in Sydney at 6 or 7am on ANZAC day, there is no way on earth I'd be fixing to catch an international plane out at 9.45am. You'd be pushing your luck.

Much better, if you have the time, to book into that airport hotel then go off and look around Sydney for the day. A lot of things will be shut in the morning but will reopen about noon-1pm.

Then fly out the next morning. Auckland area-Rotorua etc is all good, but Christchurch used to be beautiful. I am not sure about now, my son drove there a couple of years back and said it was disappointing with a lot of it still closed off. May be different now.

But Queenstown-if you get a chance, that is worth seeing. The colours of the water, the scenery-incredible. Just so beautiful.

We did the Tranz Alpine train trip & it was very good too.

But Queenstown is a must see sort of place.

Bolding is mine. I am an American, and if I had the chance to observe activities for ANZAC day, I'd do it. So much history there, that many Americans don't even know about. We took a cruise around the Black Sea 3 years ago, cruised past Gallipoli. I didn't realize until that day all the history, sacrifice, and courage shown by ANZAC troops. Very inspiring.

Good onya mates

ML

Bolding is mine. I am an American, and if I had the chance to observe activities for ANZAC day, I'd do it. So much history there, that many Americans don't even know about. We took a cruise around the Black Sea 3 years ago, cruised past Gallipoli. I didn't realize until that day all the history, sacrifice, and courage shown by ANZAC troops. Very inspiring.

Good onya mates

ML

I agree, I have often gone to memorials for other countries and read about the history about the war or action. It can be very interesting.