My DW says I've got a cruise addiction

cocacola86

We're booked on the Magic but I secretly booked the Vista for the following year and she says I'm always looking at cruises/pictures listening to cruise radio, so she says I've got a problem. Any other people have a cruise addiction or spouse says it to them. She says its like a drug you get your fix by booking another one. Is there help out there or it never ends, I hope not anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We're booked on the Magic but I secretly booked the Vista for the following year and she says I'm always looking at cruises/pictures listening to cruise radio, so she says I've got a problem. Any other people have a cruise addiction or spouse says it to them. She says its like a drug you get your fix by booking another one. Is there help out there or it never ends, I hope not anyways.

Yeah, my husband says the same thing about me. As soon as I get off a ship I[am ready to book another cruise. But I notice he's always quite happy to come along:D

She's happy to come along for the Magic were staying in a spa balcony and for the Vista I booked a Havana interior, I don't know it's just something you always think about, something you need, maybe it is a drug.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am new to cruising, but I have noticed I have become obsessed with the planning and researching. Sad thing is I am almost done with the researching for our first cruise next May so I have started researching another cruise to book while we are on our first cruise. Vacation planning overall is very addictive!!!:eek:

Ok... same problem here. So... here's what you do:

1. Join Facebook

2. Engage in political conversations

3. Be sure to take opposite viewpoints and tick off your Facebook Friends

4. Whine to your wife about the "stupid idiots" that disagree with you.

After she gets fed up with you getting everyone on Facebook upset, be sure to tell her "hey, I'm not on Facebook, I'm on Cruise Critic." She'll be so greatful that she'll sigh with relief and be happy you're talking about cruising.

Word to the wise... Don't make some comment to her like "what's wrong with these whiners on Cruise Critic always complaining about [fill in blank]."

Those famous words from my wife. "What's wrong with you? We have seven months to go!"

I just got off the Magic in May. I have the Conquest booked for February, 2017 and now I am looking at the 2018 cruises. I have a 2 1/2 inch binder already for the 2017 cruise: TA papers, Insurance, deck maps, discharge papers for the military discount, Carnival Hub data, copies of the passports (in case we lose them), a budget summary, Special Requirements form, excursion details, pictures taken on the ship, parking data, map to get to Lauderdale, copies of the Fun Times and a ships in port summary. Phew .......... am I missing any thing?

It's getting bad for me and when I meet any one, the first thing they say is "How many days?". You don't think I talk too much about the cruise? ................................. Yes, I do.

Oh well, 243 days until I cruise. I wonder if I should start another binder. .................... I could add menus. Maybe suggest details for the M&G. Buy new shoes for the cruise. ...............................

Hello my name is Any island will do and I am addicted to cruising! Currently booked for Alaska next year and impatiently waiting for Carnival to open Panama Canal for 2018 so I can book. Sister and I are booked for November 2017 and will be booking a cruise for daughter and granddaughter in 2019. I guess you could say I'm a little obsessed with cruising.

Fellow addict here, and darn proud of it! :D

Not having a cruise booked does not sit well with me, so it rarely happens. Love the researching and planning. Drives my husband a bit crazy at times, but he copes! Booked Magic two weeks ago while on Sunshine and may be booking another one on Sunshine in the next day or two.

I cruise on Princess and do not leave a cruise without at least putting a deposit down on a future cruise. 3 times I have booked my next cruise while on board and got good deals. The problem I have found with Princess future cruise desk is that it has very limited hours on most cruises and the staff person rushes me through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, my DH says I am obsessed. Whenever I hear the word cruise, I have to enter into that conversation. Im constantly on CC, looking at the ships sail in and out online, and researching for my next cruise.

The real question I want to know is cruise radio?????:confused: I did not know there was such a thing! :D

Yep. We went on our first (4 day) cruise in 2014. That year we went on 3 cruises, went on a back to back cruise for 14 days in 2015, going on another back to back this year, have another booked for next year....I think it's safe to say that we have an addiction :-)

The real question I want to know is cruise radio?????:confused: I did not know there was such a thing! :D

Download the iHeart Radio app on your phone, or go onto the iHeart Radio website. Then do a search for Cruise Radio. It's a bunch of podcasts that are all about cruising. I love it. They interview people who have taken cruises, and they also talk about the latest cruise news. It definitely helps my cruise addiction in between cruises. [emoji6]

Oh I am definitely addicted to cruising too! After 3 DCL cruises in a 13 month period I now have 5 cruises lined up through 2018 with potentially more in the future!

My DH, DD and I, despite living within 3-4 hours driving distance of 5 ports, just never thought about cruising that much and had only sailed a few times before recently but after realizing all the cool ports and fun things to do on the ships I have found that cruises are definitely a great way to travel. And we are slowing approaching single digits on our upcoming Scandinavia cruise! WOOHOO!:D

Edited by carterd2002

Download the iHeart Radio app on your phone, or go onto the iHeart Radio website. Then do a search for Cruise Radio. It's a bunch of podcasts that are all about cruising. I love it. They interview people who have taken cruises, and they also talk about the latest cruise news. It definitely helps my cruise addiction in between cruises. [emoji6]

This will no doubt send me over the edge with my addiction. It is a welcome thought!!! :D:D:D

While I'm getting up to about 40 cruises so far since 2003, I also have about the same number of resort vacations.

Guess I just love travel.

I used my early cruises as "scouting" expeditions and have returned to many of the ports I day tripped in for week long land vacations.