Choice Air experience

A lot of threads say not to do choice air, however I am loyal to American, and as the spouse of an employee get 20% off. Combining United going to and American coming from the cruise came out cheaper than what I could get. They did try to sell me a hotel package which came out to less than what was on line at the same hotel (Intercontinental Tampa) but it turned out it was per person so it was more then the hotel website. Staying at Embassy Suites for half their price. The downside is the call is outsourced overseas so they have to repeat word for word what you ask and if it is a question not on script they are lost. She got the reservation booked on the two airlines and you as the consumer must go into the individual airline websites and select your seats. They did take my known traveler number but did not make either reservation so I had to input it myself.

All I can say about Choice Air is do your homework. Price out on your own before you call them. Booking through the website is very buggy and had lots of issues so I had to call them.

I just made a Choice Air reservations last week and was able to use the website with just one issue. It did not pass on our frequent flyer number to the airline properly, but I was able to fix that on the airline's website when I picked our seats.

I've had only excellent service and pricing with ChoiceAir. Able to browse times and airlines, make a choice, then call to arrange. No language problems.

On the Celebrity board yesterday there was a post about ChoiceAir making replacement reservations for them when their flight had problems. Those posters were very satisfied.

I tried the choice air once and it saved my cruise. We flew American from St. Louis to Chicago. It's only a 40 minute flight but somehow we were 20 minutes late and 37 gates away. I was sure we would miss the flight to Fort Lauderdale but they held the plane for us! Now we book the day before and only book non-stops on Southwest. It's much cheaper and we don't have the stress of trying to get to the pier on time.

I had no problems booking online with Choice Air, choosing flights, etc.

I did have to go to the airline booking directly to enter my frequent flyer number.

The real problem we had with it was when the ship was going to be back to port late. I called choice air as soon as I found out. They just assured me that it would be taken care of and would not discuss any flight times or changes with me, nor transfer me to someone who would do so. We were just expected to wait until they took care of it. The result for us, was the ship arriving back to San Juan ~10:30am on Sunday. The flights they rebooked us on were for Wednesday morning.

I had no problems booking online with Choice Air, choosing flights, etc.

I did have to go to the airline booking directly to enter my frequent flyer number.

The real problem we had with it was when the ship was going to be back to port late. I called choice air as soon as I found out. They just assured me that it would be taken care of and would not discuss any flight times or changes with me, nor transfer me to someone who would do so. We were just expected to wait until they took care of it. The result for us, was the ship arriving back to San Juan ~10:30am on Sunday. The flights they rebooked us on were for Wednesday morning.

Wow!

We'll be using them for the first time in October for our flight to BCN. They did make a change to our flight for a later time, but since we're going in 3 days before we sail, we're crossing our fingers and hoping for the best. We booked online with no problems, but when I called to try to get put back on the earlier flight, it definitely was a call center and a little frustrating. We booked our return flight home from MIA directly with American. Hotels on our own as well.

For international flights though, they really were the best deal available.

A lot of threads say not to do choice air, however I am loyal to American, and as the spouse of an employee get 20% off.

I think most threads say to use Air2Sea on one way international flights and book directly with the airline for US domestic flights- can't recall any threads recently which said don't use it at all.

I think most threads say to use Air2Sea on one way international flights and book directly with the airline for US domestic flights- can't recall any threads recently which said don't use it at all.

this is what MerionMom emphatically stressed to me. Use Air2Sea for one way international travel only, their one way prices are hard to beat. Everything else you book your own directly with the airline

We used Choice Air on round trip from LAX to SYD and saved over $1000. No problems.

Also used Choice Air 1 way down to Buenos Aires, by way of Lima, Peru for a side trip to Machu Picchu. We got excellent fares, and had no problems. Also, used choice air from Buenos Aires to MIA one way after a cruise, and again, saved $$$ and no problems. Any time I have checked for Domestic flights, was much higher.

For our flight to Copenhagen, we will be doing Round Trip from our home in Southern Calif to Boston since our TA ends in Boston, then 1 way Boston to Copenhagen. I was surprised to find out, that Norwegian Air was very competitive with E 2 Air on their 1 way pricing. Last price I found for my husband & I out of Boston to CPH, $772 total. ( E 2 Air & Norwegian ).

For our flight to Copenhagen, we will be doing Round Trip from our home in Southern Calif to Boston since our TA ends in Boston, then 1 way Boston to Copenhagen. I was surprised to find out, that Norwegian Air was very competitive with E 2 Air on their 1 way pricing. Last price I found for my husband & I out of Boston to CPH, $772 total. ( E 2 Air & Norwegian ).

Just remember though Norwegian air is pretty no-frills. Think Southwest combined with Ryan Air from Ireland.

Do you have a link for E2Air? The only thing I find when I Google it, is for Heating & Air. :)

After reading these posts, I understand Air2Sea seems to rely more on American Airlines-especially for international flights, which would explain why there is absolutely NO difference (in fact A2S is higher) on a one-way Barcelona-Atlanta search from Delta website. Sure, better prices are on American, I just prefer Delta. I wonder why Air2Sea doesn't partner with Delta? And, why does Air2Sea offer airline choices, when they don't partner with those choices? Or maybe I'm searching it all wrong.....

After reading these posts, I understand Air2Sea seems to rely more on American Airlines-especially for international flights, which would explain why there is absolutely NO difference (in fact A2S is higher) on a one-way Barcelona-Atlanta search from Delta website. Sure, better prices are on American, I just prefer Delta. I wonder why Air2Sea doesn't partner with Delta? And, why does Air2Sea offer airline choices, when they don't partner with those choices? Or maybe I'm searching it all wrong.....

I don't think there is a reliance on a particular airline. It might seem so, depending on what airports are chosen. However, when I look at STL->BCN, I see flights from Air Canada, Air France, American, British, Delta, Iberia, Lufthansa, and United.

When I go into my bookings there is a link in the upper left hand side where you would click to do your online check in. I will see if I can get it for you. http://www.espresso.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/enterSearchFlight.do

Gay

I see. I think what you're calling E2Air is actually Air2Sea. That's why I couldn't Google it. :)

I just did a quick search on our September 23 cruise on Brilliance leaving CLW on 9/20. I clicked on Delta in the drop down menu and it brought up many flights.........though they have 2 stops from CLE to BCN.

You could call Air2Sea and have them check with Delta as to whether they can book a particular flight 1-800-533-7803. Never hurts to ask.

I just did a quick search on our September 23 cruise on Brilliance leaving CLW on 9/20. I clicked on Delta in the drop down menu and it brought up many flights.........though they have 2 stops from CLE to BCN.

You could call Air2Sea and have them check with Delta as to whether they can book a particular flight 1-800-533-7803. Never hurts to ask.

Calling is an excellent idea.

One time we were trying to book STL->BCN and all that the website showed were 2 stop flights. I found that if we went earlier and had a longer layover, we could do the same trip with one stop. I called ChoiceAir and they gave us the one stop routing for the same price.

When i initially priced our flights out of LAX, I had a variety of airlines to choose from however American & United seemed to be the primary ones.

I wonder why they changed the name from Choice Air.

Patti I have done that after scouting flights and told them I would like a particular flight because of fewer stops.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I am usually all-in on booking everything on my own but for cruises I won't do it without Air to Sea. We booked A2S day before a cruise out of San Juan, storm hit NJ and we called as soon as the storm was upgraded. They were able to get us on another flight on another airline, no problem. That storm was so bad they had people getting on the ship on Tuesday and Wednesday with flights from NY to the Caribbean -- A2S covered everyone without paying extra fees. If you are flying far or in iffy weather seasons, it's definitely worth it.

Another example: Flying Newark to Fort Lauderdale, airline lost everyone's baggage. They held the ship so that they could get the bags rerouted to us. Air2Sea was great to deal with as everyone was flipping out, and they had offered a credit option if we couldn't get our bags.

For people who don't see the flights from other airlines or think that A2S just books preferred airlines, you can call the desk and give them the flight numbers and they can book it, no problem. We wanted to take a 2am flight back from San Juan but it wasn't appearing on the site at all. They were able to find it and book it and their price matched our best price on JetBlue. Just go armed with exactly what flights you want and you're set.