Gifts from Travel Agent

hollyberry

As a travel agent I would rather my clients tell me what they like. I usually give onboard credits or a gift card. I am always worried they wouldn't like a gift of strawberries or alcohol because of allergy or they don't drink. Imagine giving someone who's a recovering alcoholic a bottle of wine. I would feel awful.

Just let the TA know that in the past they have you wine and if they are still giving gifts, you do not drink. Let her know if you would rather have something else. Look in the fun shops for something of equal value and suggest that. I wouldn't be offended, especially if it's a gift I always give.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have been using a carnival travel agent now for years, booked 5 cruises using one, and never received a gift! I say be thankful that you receive one. They are not obligated to do so, they are doing it out of kindness.

We know.

Politely explaining that you don't drink wine but appreciate the intention of the gift is fine. Unless you are asked if you would like something different, asking for a gift, even a different one, is rude.

Polite way....really? I'm very polite but I have no concern at all about this because it's not impolite at all to say....we don't drink wine...could you perhaps substitute it with water?

Btw...don't be surprised if the answer is no because the wine is swill and the agent probably doesn't even pay for it and gets it as a freebie from the ship

Obc? Um maybe....but it would be in the range of $5. Lol

Sounds about right to me. Let the T/A know you appreciate the gesture but won't use the gift and ask if you can exchange for something else, but don't expect a great windfall. I agree, not impolite at all.

Again Thanks all who gave me helpful suggestions. I did send TA a polite note. She replied that is usually what they send to valued customers, but she would try to intercede and send a different gift. All and all a nice gesture even if we give it away. At least we know they appreciate our business.

Again Thanks all who gave me helpful suggestions. I did send TA a polite note. She replied that is usually what they send to valued customers, but she would try to intercede and send a different gift. All and all a nice gesture even if we give it away. At least we know they appreciate our business.

Lol imagine that your TA didn't get offended or think it was rude.

And you....spoke up and didn't stay silent

I love how so many posters here were so concerned about this

You did what any normal realistic logical person would do. Congrats